New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Breakfast anyone ?

Started by charlie, November 07, 2007, 06:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

please no Denny's or Rockin Johnny's.   :-\
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

alongfortheride

Rideau Carleton Racetrack has decent food and the price is unbeatable...$1.99 if you get their winner's circle card (about 5 minutes in line). They have 3 choices for that speacial rate, one is bacon,eggs, sausage and hashbrowns, another is french toast and I think the third option is the western sandwich...I am not sure what else is offered outside of the $1.99 breakfast. But I do know they have tonnes of space and it is usually only moderately busy.

I know Pat was planning on organizing something like and has been feeling out peoples interest as they come by the house, glad you brought it up :)
Seems like lots of people are interested :) Sould be alot of fun :)

busdriver

Anyone interested in a greasy spoon?
There's a restaurant over near Merivale and Hunt Club that charges $4.85 for breakfast and all the coffee you can drink, it's small but will hold most of us, 20 or 30.
The place is called Fitz's
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

charlie

Ok guy`s & girls , who is in favor of going to breakfast on Sat. Nov. 10 @ Summerhays Restaurant ( Basline & Woodruff very close to the transit station) & easy access off the Queensway  @ 10 AM please LMK & I can finalize it on Fri. 12.00 ( Noon).BTW their prices start from 3.00 - approx 10.00 & they take reseverations.

http://canada411.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontario/Ottawa/Summerhays-Grill/2560161.html

Brine

If I don't have to work I'm there. I won't know until Friday afternoon though (my client is in TO until then)

charlie

For the people who would like to participate & Can`t post in the Lounge , please feel free to PM me.
Regards

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

charlie

Any others ?  or any other suggestions, let`s hear them.

Jeff1192

Sorry I can't do it this Saturday. I'm in a hockey tournament this weekend and we have a game that morning. Maybe next time!

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

beowulf

Nerine

well if we're west ending it...I guess I'll go to work for a couple hours in the morning before breakfast :P so if anyone wants a ride from the east end (St Laurent area)...you can sit with me in the office and play on the computer (or talk to me! LOL) while I do some filing for an hour or so ;)
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

busdriver

Quote from: Jeff1192 on November 08, 2007, 02:00:45 PM
Sorry I can't do it this Saturday. I'm in a hockey tournament this weekend and we have a game that morning. Maybe next time!

Jeff

Well, we now know where your priorities are! ;) ;) :D :D :)

busdriver

Yes Errol, I'm up for breakfast on Saturday a.m.

apuppet

Hey,  there lots of parking, close to OCtranspo.   Shouldnt be a problem. count me there.

argh, its so early! :|
-a
planted

Jeff1192

Quote from: busdriver on November 08, 2007, 05:11:50 PM
Well, we now know where your priorities are! ;) ;) :D :D :)

When you're the goalie the team doesn't like it when you don't show up! Believe it or not it causes some problems!  :D

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

RossW

I do not think I can make this one.  I will defintely drop by should my plans change.

renadia

I will be there see you guys on Saturday  ;)

Diane

charlie

Ok so far we have
Nerine
Renadia
Apuppet
Busdriver
Henry
Washefuzzy
Myself & wife
Beowulf ( maybe)
Brine ( maybe)
any others

washefuzzy

Me to! Me to! It would get me up and going on a saturday to.
Elgin Cafe is great. Wins awards for best dinner downtown all the time. Saturdays are better for me. Lots of room and great food

Nerine

Has it been decided yet where we are going?? hehe