New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Salty Sundays - a fun and lighthearted meeting of minds Sundays from 10am-noon

Started by alongfortheride, April 08, 2010, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

alongfortheride

We can't host Salty Sundays this Sunday due to Thanksgiving and Turkey eating - but someone else is more than welcome to host Salty Sundays this Sunday.

ordi260

[li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
[/list]

holachicka

Understandable - hanging out with fish geeks or seeing family you don't see that often?! Not really a toss up ;)

Hope you all have a great long weekend!!

Hookup

I would like to host an upcoming SS at my place.  It cannot be this weekend, because of the holidays and the next few weekends are either personal conflict or work/travel issues.

This is way out there, but what about Nov 13????

I think by then the tank should be done.  :D

redbelly

I think you should host one sooner Tim. The topic of that SS could be "How To Take Down Drywall and Install Fancy Wood Paneling and Stainless Steel on The Wall For The Tank!"

HomerJ

Quote from: redbelly on October 07, 2010, 05:38:07 PM
I think you should host one sooner Tim. The topic of that SS could be "How To Take Down Drywall and Install Fancy Wood Paneling and Stainless Steel on The Wall For The Tank!"

Tank?  What tank?  All I see is a big hole in the wall...

Ok, that was mean ;-b

alongfortheride

Sounds good to me :)
Thanks for hosting Tim!
I will bring some tastey goodies :)

holachicka

awesome - do we get to see the tank with the missing hole? It may have been disposed of or returned but I havent gotten past page 2,892 of your build thread so sorry if it has been mentioned...

Hookup

Quote from: holachicka on October 08, 2010, 08:57:44 AM
awesome - do we get to see the tank with the missing hole? It may have been disposed of or returned but I havent gotten past page 2,892 of your build thread so sorry if it has been mentioned...

Oh no, the missing hole never get's mentioned around these parts... not ever...  (extreme sarcasm)

Yep the goal is to have the entire system running again by that date.  The work continues this weekend fast and furiously....   Next major hurdle is the cement structures.

holachicka

well, I look forward to seeing it all finished (finally, ha) and meeting your cute new puppy :)

alongfortheride

See everyone at Salty Sundays this week - coffee and some home-made apple crisp will be awaiting everyone on Sunday morning :)

We have decided that because we are all busy, Salty Sundays will start to be a bi-weekly event.
There will be no Salty Sundays on Oct 24th, but on Sunday October 31st - we will continue as normal.
Please feel free to let us know if you would like to host a Salty Sundays :)

So the new schedule will be as follows;
Salty Sundays
October 17th
October 31st
November 14th - Hookup will be hosting
November 28th
December 12th

alongfortheride

Christian Gasse has been nice enough to offer his place for this Sunday's "Salty Sundays"
Christian is back from sailing the great lakes with work and will be back in town for a couple weeks again - so it is the perfect opportunity to catch up with him before he sets off on the great lakes again.

I will be posting up directions shortly to his place in Aylmer.

I will be bringing my famous Apple Crisp made from Honey Crisp Apples with me :)

ordi260

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

alongfortheride

Salty Sundays will start at 10am and go until around noon :)

Christian has some nice surprises planned with a bunch of tastey items :)

See everyone soon!

alongfortheride

What a wonderful Salty Sundays today.
Christian had lots of tastey treats for us today and it was super nice to catch up with people.
Pictures will be up shortly and next Salty Sundays is November 14th at Hookup's place.
Come out to see his new set up.

Hookup

Here is hoping it will be online by then... Lol. If not, consider it a work-party...:)

alongfortheride

Some pictures of some of the decorations and the food from today - didn't get pictures of the people - got too busy chatting :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

alongfortheride

There has been a slight change in plans.
Hookup cannot host Salty Sundays this weekend, so we will return to Patrick and My's favourite breakfast restaurant - WildWoods in Stittsville.

We will meet at 11am.
If you know in advance that you will be coming, so I can make reservations - however please do feel free to "pop in" unannounced as they are good about re-arranging the tables for us :)

See everyone for a Salty Sunday morning :)