New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Changes Due To Time Of Use Electricty

Started by RossW, October 05, 2010, 09:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

ah yep!

we once had a bill of $15...and we only had $1.25 of electricity charges...the rest was delivery fee.. grand eh? :P
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Hookup

My last two bills (4 months) $750 and $825 each.

I need to find a way to lower.  But Hot-Tub is on 24x7, and closed-loop pumps at 700watts also 24x7 and a skimmer pump, 340watts also 24x7 ...  The that's somewhere over 1500watts (guesstimate) running 24x7.

Then I have all of the things that do not run 24x7 like the AC/Heater/Fridge/Freezer/Lights/Fishtank lights/etc... this crap is killing me.  And with my tank in a million pieces, I'm seeing a $400/month savings by just selling it off and shutting it down...

ordi260

Quote from: Hookup on October 06, 2010, 03:37:37 PM
Then I have all of the things that do not run 24x7 like the AC/Heater/Fridge/Freezer/Lights/Fishtank lights/etc... this crap is killing me.  And with my tank in a million pieces, I'm seeing a $400/month savings

Yoohoo!  Put that money aside to buy even more electricity consuming aquarium material!  ;)  :D

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]