New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ancestry

Started by Nerine, October 06, 2010, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

Anyone else into family trees and scouring Ancestry.com/.ca and rootsweb and all those other forums and sites every day? or every couple weeks hoping something will change? hehe

Anyone have family named Aubin, from Quebec?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

holachicka

I know an Aubin from St-Andre Avelin (north of Montebelo) small world :)

Nerine

could be related :) not sure!

Last night i was up way too late, I found marriage and birth certificates for my great-great grandfather's first marriage and first 2 kids! it was awesome :) so started digging some more! it's been a bit since I've scoured the boards and there seems to have been a lot of updates! YAY!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

holachicka

I used the website to try and find my fraternal grandfather and sadly, I "found" him a couple months after he passed BUT I got to see a picture of him and he looked exactly like my father, it was uncanny! Websites like these are an amazing tool...I discovered a ton of distant cousins and found out I have more French-Canadian ancestry than I family originally thought...very interesting!

Nerine

RedFish

Not me, but my Dad started it, and then when he got in touch with relatives on my Mom's side, turned out some of them were researching too.  As a result, we all have copies of our ancestry that goes waaay back.  We've been in touch with very distant relatives in Canada, the U.S. and England!   A couple from England came to Canada for a visit.  My Mom's relatives were founders in Brockville, so we've been down to these huge reunions.  It is amazing what you can find on the internet, and how much information can be put together once you find other relatives that are also into ancestry.  Keep digging, there is cool info out there.