New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What do you do?

Started by garnpet, October 08, 2010, 08:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

One of the threads in the Lounge that I found interesting was what people did for a living in their "other" lives - outside OVAS.

Now, I know some of you are saying, "Hey, you're not supposed to advertise businesses or services that you provide".  True, but this rule will be relaxed for this thread, as long as you don't over do the self-publicity part.

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Rybren

Okay,  I'll start...

I'm an Aerospace Controller (Air Defence Radar Controller) in the Air Force.
120G Reef

robt18

I work at Big Al's :) East end....

I'm also in school at U Ottawa for commerce specializing in marketing. Soo if anyone's looking to hire marketers soon... ;)

Brine

Industrial Design...I design stuff...

This is a Motorcycle Trailer I designed for my brother's chopper.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nerine

I do a few things! I'm co-owner of The Pink Shears - "Baste, Knit One, Yarn Over" - a wide range of handmade items

I also sell Avon, teach piano, and will take any odd job anyone has to offer :)
PM me if you're interested in an Avon book or want prices on piano lessons or are looking for the link to our shop :)

*edit* Well since this is what do you DO, and doesn't say what do you do for work...

I am a guild leader! Look me up: Phedre Dysis on Guildwars...I can be found in the temple or somewhere in Cantha right now...we're a small Kurzick guild always happy to help others out and are currently re-saving up for a guild hall (I spent all my cash on new armor and signets of capture) Our guild is Ordo Rosa Aurum - ROSE
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

ajm1961

I'm a national training program manager at Canadian Blood Services.
My department develops courses related to regulations and quality principles.
Have I bored you enough now?
:o
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Hookup

I am the Managing Director for Global ITSM Services for Emtec inc.

Basically I sit at my desk and have conference calls all day.  When I'm not doing that, I live on a plane.

Darth

I work in the sales dept of rogers call center I know you all hate me (or rogers)

White Lightning

I manage two long term care facilities  for adults with developmental disabilities. Mostly just push paper,fight the union and train new staff. When I am lucky I actually get to hang with the clients.

garnpet

Just returned to work after 2+ years at home looking after the kids.  Data Warehousing Project Leader at Statistics Canada.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

nissannx

Electrician and co owner of Two Brother's Construction, I'm one of the brothers lol.

RossW

Database Developer/Administrator who wants to be a BI Developer and is looking for the opportunity to make the leap.

Saltcreep

Like Garnpet, I made my living at Statistics Canada. Almost 35 years with the Labour Force Survey. We provided those lovely employment and unemployment statistics you hear about every month. Was a 'survey processing officer', although I have no idea what that actually meant or who came up with the title. Retired in January so now I spend a lot of time at the cottage when I'm not tending to my 'Honey Do' list at home. Spending a few weeks in Florida at the moment and when I get back, probably put together another tank or two.

Yams

I am like Rybren...

I am a Resource Management Support (RMS) Clerk for the Military... do most of the administration / finance side of the military! (Army by Element though)

Fishnut

I'm a Realtor with Century 21 Capital Realty Inc. Brokerage.  I work as part of a 2 person team within my office called The Di Labio Home Team.  My team-mate is the senior agent (27 years in the business) so it's in his name.  We represent clients in several neighbourhoods in Ottawa from first time home buyers to people buying or selling million dollar homes.  We also have clients who are investors either looking for income generating properties or flips.  I've even represented a couple OVAS members!

I hope this revised version doesn't offend anyone.  It's tough not to self promote as much as possible because if I'm not looking for clients, I'm not getting clients and I'm not making money.  I have days where I wish I was like all of you government workers who get to go to work at the same time every day, go home at the same time every day and get all the perks of a salary position...like a regular paycheck and benefits.  What's there to worry about?!  Then again, I think I would go insane in a cubicle with all that office politics/gossip :D.  I get to put my office wherever I like...often in a Starbucks somewhere :).

Please PM me if you have any questions about the business or need some advice.

Cheers

cdylnicki

I am the Petcare Manager for a local PetSmart.

I also worked for Big Als in Oakville before moving to Ottawa last October (I helped put the Oakville store together prior to opening, and worked fish room and hard goods for multiple years).

I have an advanced diploma with honours in Marketing from Sheridan College & a degree in Management from Griffith University in Brisbane.

I moved to Australia in 2008 for 13 months, and had to quit my project coordination position at Scotia Capital in order to do so. The recession hit while I was overseas, and Petsmart was willing to hold a job in Ottawa for me until I got married last October (I had to move to Ottawa as my hubby is stationed here).  I would absolutely love something challenging & involving multi-tasking if anyone has any ideas.

Brent Shaver

I am currently an Assistant Property Manager and work as a Sound Engineer for live bands when I am not on call around South Western Ontario and some of Quebec.

Malyon18

Went to St. Lawrence College for 3 years and got my Civil Engineering technologist diploma then I took a semester off to work for my families construction company in Cornwall during that time I worked on the new RCMP headquarters and the Cornwall Community Hospital expansion and now I am back at Ottawa U finishing my degree in civil engineering, gonna get that little iron ring hahaha
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

JD

I mix chemicals to make new chemicals.
Things that make you say, hmmmmmmmm.
Chemical Controller, E.I DuPont Canada.

omarh

MSc Grad student at UofO by day and DJ by night! .................bascially work on animal models in studying molecular basis of heart failure.