New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Santa Claus Parade

Started by Fishnut, November 05, 2010, 07:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

I'm new to the world of kid activities, so in researching things coming up in the next couple of months, I found out that the parade starts at 5pm. ???  I remember it being in the morning.  There was a couple websites that said there's a 5pm start time though.  Is this normal?  Did they change it recently?

Brent Shaver

Must be an error, it is always 11 or 12.  I cant see it being at 5 which would mean it would be dark.

nissannx

in the east end i believe they have a santa clause parade of lights? maybe thats teh one?

Jeff1192

The downtown one is a parade of lights as well now  I think they changed it last year
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

ThomasLynn

I live in Gatineau, but we drive the family into Orleans for their parade. It is a night time parade and every float is lit up. Its alot of fun and the lights bring out a magical experience.

Nerine

when and where is the parade? I think there is an afternoon one as well? but do remember the one with the lights!! I hope it's not on Dec 4th :P
there is one tomorrow....
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Brine

I found this list of Ottawa area Santa Parades 2010 on the net...it looks like the Santa Parade I am used to is now at 5pm instead of earlier in the day. I'm not sure I like that.  :-\

Kanata Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, November 13 2010, starting at 10:00 am. The parade will proceed onto Castlefrank Road, turning onto Abbeyhill Drive and on to Hazeldean Mall.

Ottawa Help Santa Toy Parade
Saturday, November 20 2010 starting at 5:00 pm. The parade will start at the Canadian War Museum, head East on Wellington, turn South on Elgin, turn East on Laurier Ave and continue past City Hall onto the Queen Elizabeth Driveway to Landsdowne Park. New toys (no used toys, please) and cash donations will be collected by the Ottawa Firefighters.

39th Annual Cornwall Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, November 20 2010, starting at 5:00 pm. Leaves St. Lawrence High School on Second St. East, travels West on Second Street to finish at the Royal Canadian Legion at Second and Cumberland Streets. The 2010 theme is "Christmas in Story Land".

14th Annual Barrhaven Lions Club Light Up the Night Santa Claus Parade
Sunday, November 21 2010, starting at 5:30 pm.. Parade route runs along Strandherd from Beatrice to Greenbank. Check out their new website complete with route info!

Gatineau Santa Claus Parade
Friday, November 26 2010, starting at 7:00 pm. A tradition that goes back several years, this light-filled parade that departs from the Aylmer marina attracts crowds from the entire region.

Brockville Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, November 27 2010, starting at 2:00 pm. The Brockville Shriners and Rotary Santa Claus Parade will begin at North Agusta Road and Pearl Street then travel West on Pearl Street E. to Park Street, South on Park Street and lastly, West on King Street to Gilmore Street. This year's theme is "The Magic of Christmas".

2010 Gananoque 1000 Islands Downtown Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, November 27 2010. Come and visit Santa and all his reindeer at the annual Santa Clause Parade down King Street!

8th Annual Carleton Place Santa Parade
Saturday, November 27 2010 starting at 5:00 pm. Thousands of spectators, over one hundred floats, and one jolly St. Nick will meet downtown Carleton Place on Bridge Street for the largest Santa Claus parade in the Ottawa Valley. This year's theme is 'A Disney Christmas!'

Pembroke Santa Claus Parade of Lights
Saturday, November 27 2010, starting at 5:30 pm. "It's time to get your Jingle on! Bring hand bells to express your appreciation of the floats." Pre-parade caroling at Cenotaph Park (Pembroke St at Mackay).

Orleans Parade of Lights 2010
Saturday, November 27 2010 starting at 6:00 pm. The parade will travel along St Joseph Blvd from Youville Drive to Prestone Drive.

Stittsville Parade of Lights 2010
Saturday, November 27 2010 starting at 7:30 pm.

Picton Santa Claus Parade
Sunday, November 28 2010, starting at 2:59 PM on Main Street. (Ed: No kidding, that's what the site said! Don't be late!) Everyone's invited. Hope to see you there!

Rockland Santa Clause Parade
Sunday, November 28 2010 at 4:30 PM on Laurier Street.

Vankleek Hill Christmas Parade of Lights
Friday, December 3 2010. Visit with Santa before the Parade! Santa's village will be from 4:30 to 6:45 p.m. at The Review, 76 Main Street East, Vankleek Hill. Santa will be on hand with his helpers and will have goodies for each little visitor! Parade starts at 7:00 pm. The street lights will be turned off for this Special Occasion.
Come out and enjoy the Christmas Spirit. (Hey, did you know Vankleek Hill is the Gingerbread Capital of Ontario?!?)

Richmond Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, December 4 2010, starting at 11:00 am. Don't miss the "Lighting of the Park" following the annual Santa Claus Parade the same day!

Pakenham Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, December 4 2010, starting at 1 pm. The parade begins and concludes at the Stewart Community Centre, Pakenham. Santa and Mrs. Claus will make their way to the Upper Hall of the community centre following the parade where they will be available to meet with children of all ages. Complimentary hot chocolate and hot dogs will be served. There is also free public skating from 2 to 3 pm following the parade.

Perth Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, December 4 2010, starting at 5:00 pm on Sunset Blvd.

Hawkesbury Santa Claus Parade
Saturday December 4 2010, starting at 7:00 pm. Let yourself be carried away by the magic of this beautiful tradition which will unravel on Hawkesbury's Main Street

Almonte Santa Claus Parade
Sunday, December 5 2010, starting at 1:30 pm. From the Almonte Community Centre, the parade travels along Bridge St; left on Mill Street; right on Main Street, right onto Queen Street and back to the Community Centre. Santa and Mrs. Claus will make their way to the Upper Hall of the community centre following the parade where they will be available to meet the children. Hot chocolate and hot dogs will be served compliments of the Almonte Lions Club. There will also be free public skating from 2 to 4 pm.

Second Annual Carp Santa Claus Parade
Saturday, December 11 2010, starting at 1 p.m. The parade start at the Diefenbunker, then follow Carp Road to Juanita Avenue then turn right onto Langstaff Avenue and travel down Langstaff and turn right on Donald B. Munro Drive. The parade will continue down Donald B. Munro and turn right on Carp Road and proceed back up the hill. The ending point for the parade will be back at the Diefenbunker.

garnpet

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

ajm1961

Thanks for posting all the info "Brine" - much appreciated!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Nerine

thanks for the info!! I think we'll go to the Vankleek Hill one!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

new2salt

Brine - Thanks for the regional listing
One more to add
Kemptville - Santa Claus Parade on Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 1:00PM

I believe Orleans was the first with a Parade Of Lights. mid 90's
Ottawa, and the Ottawa Firefighters Help Santa Parade has been a nighttime parade for almost 10 years.

If you haven't seen a nighttime Santa Parade get out a see one.
They are great.

Put the kids in their PJ's under the winter wear and slip them right into bed when you get home, they will be tired and ready for bed.

Hooray for LED lights and quiet gas powered inverters.

See you there, I will be one of the Firefighters - handing out candy to the kids and passing the boot for a cash donation and collecting your toy donations for those less fortunate.
;) :) 8)