New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ipad / iphone update :)

Started by ordi260, November 22, 2010, 02:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

Hi all ipod / ipad / iphone users!

Ios 4.2.1 has FINALLY released!

That's it i'm happy  :D

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

HomerJ

Quote from: ordi260 on November 22, 2010, 02:39:25 PM
Hi all ipod / ipad / iphone users!

Ios 4.2.1 has FINALLY released!

That's it i'm happy  :D

What does it give me over the previous version?

JetJumper

I am running Version 3.1.2

I am also running Android on my iphone as well :)
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

ordi260

Brings multitasking, folders, gamecenter and other stuff to the ipad.

Its mainly an ipad update (all of the above were missing) but some interface changes have been added too

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

Hookup

Rushing the kids to bed so I can get the update!

Awesome

HomerJ

Quote from: Hookup on November 22, 2010, 07:30:24 PM
Rushing the kids to bed so I can get the update!

Awesome

Really?  Must be an iPad thing.  I just took it on my iPhone and it's just like it was!

garnpet

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Stussi613

Quote from: garnpet on November 22, 2010, 10:50:45 PM
Access to Find My iPhone is now free.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone-news/ios-4-2-airplay-and-find-my-iphone-videos/

I updated my iPad today and activated the MobileMe function and checked it out, had the location pinned down exactly. The one thing I'm not clear on is whether this would be wiped out if someone does a hard reset...which is what most thieves do. It would be great if this could still track it after a reset, giving the cops access to track the thing un-beknownst to the thief.
I haz reef tanks.

nelson

The best security app I've come across to protect your device contents is WaveSecure.  All the protection you could want in addition to determining its location if lost/stolen.  Check it out.

https://www.wavesecure.com/