New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LF: flooring nailer

Started by jon1985, November 10, 2010, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon1985

My fiancee and I just bought a house and there is some flooring I want to replace before we move in.  With upcoming mortgage payments aswell as the cost of the floor I cant afford to take time off to do it all at once, thus I want to do it in the evenings.

Well if I want to rent a nailer from home depot or rona they charge by the day and seeing as it will take me several evenings to get all the floors done this would cost me a fortune. 

So I appeal to the fish keepers of the forum.

Does anyone have a flooring nailer you would be interested in renting for about a week for less then home depot or rona or maybe rent for a BTA or 2?

Let me know and we can probably work something out.  I have all the other required equipment just need a nailer.

Thanks
Jon

Vincenzo.

first off.. before you lay down flooring (hardwood) i would thing. your suppose to buy the hardwood, open the boxes and let them`air out`in your house for around a month. because u dont want to buy it and nail it the same day, the wood will warp and twist.

idk, maybe u already know this

jon1985

That was made a rule of thumb along time ago when wood was not dried aswell and needed more time to aclimate.  Flooring these days is dried in a kiln to 7-8% humidity if not less.  By letting it air for a month it is reabsorbing humidity out of the air.  If you lay the floor while it is at its driest it will swell a small amount ensuring tight joints.

That being said it will be in my house almost 2 weeks by the time I get around to nailing it down.

Vincenzo.

you want it to get use to YOUR house climate.
from my experience.

nissannx

try princess auto. can get an entry level nailer for cheap. or buy use return within 30 days lol

Brent Shaver

Canadian Tire has one for under 100, comes with nailer and compressor...

jon1985

The nailer & compressor canadian tire has is not a flooring nailer, but thanks anyways.

jon1985

I will have to see how much a rental is and that might be the best option.

Saltcreep

In the new CTC flyer starting today (and probably all gone by tomorrow) - one of their 'Special Buys', Campbell Hausfeld flooring nailer - $199.99.

Saltcreep

I'm sure by now you've found what you want, but if not, I was just in CTC Kanata and they have a bunch of Mastercraft brand air-powered flooring nailers on sale for $120.

jon1985

yes i found a used nailer online.  thanks