New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Golfers???

Started by Brent Shaver, March 29, 2011, 03:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Shaver

Just to toss out an idea.

Was thinking it would be fun considering the meetings shut down for the summer, would anyone be interested in getting a group together for a golf day?  Can be 18 holes, your choice if it is walk or cart.

Thought it would be fun for a Sat or Sun sometime this summer to get a group together so figured this would be the best way to find out if there is any interest?

Once and if we get enough interested we can decide if it is a person to person game or best ball style.

Let me know.
Brent

rockgarden

I'm game for a game if you don't mind watching me swing my club about a hundred times  :D

Brent Shaver

Ability on the course isnt a problem, it is more following the etiquette of the course.  It is meant to be a good time so good or better golfers would be teamed with people that dont play as often.

It is meant to be a fun afternoon more then anything.  So anyone is welcome if they want to come out and enjoy the outdoors.

bitterman

Sounds fun. I think a best ball 4 people per team is most fun for no golfers. Of people like me :) Depending on timing, I would like to wack and hack at the ball and say a few choice words ;)

Bruce

limmer

I would be interested in best ball.  Not too good.
It would be fun.
Depends on time.
Peter

Brent Shaver

I also figured best ball would be best but didnt want to commit to that if all regular golfers were the only ones that were interested.

So lets go with a best ball format and yes 4 to a team with hopefully one golfer in each group.

Again this is meant to be a fun afternoon with something to eat and a couple drinks afterwards.

Hookup

Id play.

I travel a lot so scheduling will dictate...

but I play for fun and laughs...

Malyon18

I would play as well depending on date, it's been a couple seasons but I am sure after a couple....hundred swings it would all come back to me hahaha
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

Toss

75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS