New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

glass for sump

Started by salvini55, March 13, 2009, 05:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

To get glass paines cut for my sump (33 gallon 36x12) do i just go to M & T Glass and they will cut me some? Do i need to bring them the glass or do they supply it? Or is there a better place to go?

PMurphy

I built my sump 18*18*16 out of acrylic I got from Canus. 6 bucks a square foot for 1/4. not sure how that relates to glass tho.

[attachment deleted by admin]
55g Mbuna Tank 11 Saulosi, 4 Albino Socolofi
29g Biocube Reef

salvini55

I already have a 33 gallon tank i just need the baffles for it. not a bad idea though

FocusFin

I had 4 pieces of 50mm glass 9X12 cut for my sump at $6.50 a piece at Brown & Macfarlane 2447 Kaladar Avenue.

It was ready in an hour.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

matt

M&T glass will cost you an arm and a leg!

I've heard good things about Brown & Macfarlane but you have to call a few times to get a good price as their prices varies with what leftover pieces they have left.

I got my glass baffles cut through Ottawa Invert, Pat has a commercial account with one of the suppliers in town so he gets really good prices. He even gets the edges bevelled and the bottom corners rounded so it doesn't damage the bottom seal in the tank.