New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

sick demosoni - what to do??

Started by new2ovas, April 05, 2009, 12:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2ovas

I have a 90 gal african tank with 1 demosoni who appears to be sick.  he is in the top corner of the tank and once and a while spits up some food - looks like algae wafers that I put in the tank last night mainly for my pleco.

does anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong?  - there are no signs of agression, he is the alpha and all the other fish are doing great.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

TKS again and much appreciated,

cheers

LStone

I lost all of my first 4 Demasoni until I realized they were dying of bloat, which is really common when you feed them foods high in animal protein...now I only feed them foods that are mainly from vegetal matter and they've been growing happy and beautiful and have started to breed.

LStone

Oh, and from my personal experience (I'm sure someone will think differently) there is no way to save a fish that is about to die. You can spend a good amount of $ with medication and other crap from your LFS and will end up flushing the fish and the $ down the toilet.

Thumpya

so something high in Sprilina that would be a good choice?

LStone

That's it, Spirulina. They are all doing great eating that stuff.

rnish

Might also appreciate cooked shelled green peas, broccoli, zuccini or other fresh greens.  All my cichlids, plecos and gold fish love them