New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Boxing Day Instant Ocean Rebate Check

Started by percula99, March 19, 2011, 04:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

percula99

I got a rebate check for $5 in the mail for one Instant Ocean 160 gallon bucket of salt which I bought on Boxing Day. It cost about $1 to mail it and when I went to BMO to cash it they said there was a $5 charge for cashing the check because it was a US check. Do the math!! They were nice enough to wave the charge, but if they didn't, there would be no reason to bother cashing the check, now would there?
180 gallon reef. 250 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with some SPS. Show fish are Blonde Naso, Emperor Angel, mated Ocellaris clowns. 504 watt LEDs..

JetJumper

Thats wierd about the $5.00 fee to cash it.  I have cashed several checks from the US lately and the just do the conversion to CAD and thats it.  I am not with BMO however so I cannot comment on them.  I am with PCFinancial.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

robt18

Unfortunately we can't do anything about the cheques, they're handled completely by Instant Ocean. Glad they waived it for you though! That seems kind of ridiculous... sis you ask them to cash it? Sometimes they'll charge you to 'cash' the cheque, but not to deposit it then withdraw the money. I know I've had that issue once before.