New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New OVAS Webmaster / new OVAS server

Started by Marc, February 15, 2006, 12:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Hi folks,

I have decided that after many years as OVAS webmaster it's time I took a break and so after this OVAS season I am resigning as OVAS webmaster.

A new OVAS webmaster has been selected, you know him as "darkdep".  Chris has many years of Information Technology experience and will do an excellent job.  I am sure that he is brimming with new ideas that will make the OVAS website even better than it is today.

Over the course of the next weeks Chris will be taking on more and more duties as webmaster and I will start winding things down.

One of the last things I want to do before I go is to move the OVAS website to a new server.  A new hosting service has been selected and the move should be a quick one once it gets started.  During the move the bulletin board will be disabled for a few hours, don't worry I will warn you ahead of time.

Marc

squeeker

Congrats, Darkdep!  You'll do a fantastic job!

Marc, I hope you still visit from time to time!

Sailfin

The message board will be down a few hours!!! :shock:     I better stock up on oxygen.

darkdep

Thanks very much Marc!  Looking forward to the new challenges and hope I can build on the house you've built :)

Aiglos

Marc ! You did a great job as the webmaster for this forum !!! Congrats on all your hard work !  

Although do you really think you should hand the Poseidon power over to Dark dep ;-)  hahaha  Webmaster yes... Poseidon no :)

darkdep

Marc has done a great job, but nobody ever claimed he was smart.  

Handing web power over to me could be the downfall of the universe.  :twisted:

Julie

Quote from: "darkdep"Marc has done a great job, but nobody ever claimed he was smart.  

Handing web power over to me could be the downfall of the universe.  :twisted:

Do you think we'll still be able to log on with the downfall?  :wink:

Congrads on a job well done Marc.

Do I sense a new moderator in the works?

Julie

sarahbella

'gratz man.. im sure you'll do a great job... :)

s0me

Thanks for all of your efforts Mark. I hope we still see you lurking on the forums.

Congrats Darkdep!

Hopefully with the new webhost, the forums won't be buggered like they are now (minor php annoyances)...

If you ever require security help, give me a shout. I know you are also a security monkey like me, but hey, never hurts to offer!

Cheers.

Nelson

OK s0me...what does it mean?????

Email: echo "disjtAmphjefw/ofu" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'

s0me

Quote from: "Nelson"OK s0me...what does it mean?????

[root@server ~]# echo "disjtAmphjefw/ofu" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'
chris @ logidev.net
[root@server ~]#

:)

Nelson

Quote from: "s0me"

[root@server ~]# echo "disjtAmphjefw/ofu" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'
chris @ logidev.net
[root@server ~]#

:)

OF COURSE :shock:   I knew that :wink:

Aiglos

It means "CHRIS IS A GEEK" @ HOTMAIL . COM

sarahbella

thats it guys, geek it till it mhz...

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: "sarahbella"thats it guys, geek it till it mhz...

Groan! Nice!

darkdep

Yes, getting rid of the PHP annoyances will be one of my first goals :)

And thanks guys...I'll be spending the next couple of weeks ramping up and then...we'll see.  :twisted:

pegasus

Hi Marc,
Remember, Jan 27 2003, you got your first pm from dpatte? "Hi Marc, glad to see you on the forum, I was getting bored writing to myself. Can you help in getting more members to talk to?" .... Pegasus joined two days later...
Three years later the membership is close to 1000.    Good job Thanks.

Hi Darkdep,
I think it's safe to say we are all behind you and will help in making the list reach 2000. Congratulation and good luck

Quatro

Quote from: "pegasus"the membership is close to 1000.

So is there going to be a prize for the 1000th member?

Mike S

apistome

Thanks For all your work Marc!
And I am looking forward to what you are going to bring to the site Darkdep! I am glad you're an apisto team member now! :)

eric

darkdep

Thanks again everyone, I'm looking forward to it.