New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Excellent OVAS Meeting

Started by busdriver, January 22, 2007, 10:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

IMHO, it was another excellent meeting tonight.
If I had the space and money I would have a pond installed.
Am really looking forward to the meeting in February.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

normc

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

adam_ottawa

Yes the guest speaker, Nicholas, was very engaging and provided a great presentation!

If I ever move from an apartment to a house, I will be sure to look into the possibility of a pond.

succinctfish

I want a swimming pond, so I can have people over to swim with the fishes ;)  I don't think the neighbours would appreciate me annexing their backyard for the purpose ;D

I agree, great talk tonight.  Makes me dream of spring.

FishPassion

Although I wouldnt ever install a pond its just not my thing, I have to admit the presentation was vey well done and almost makes one think of having a pond... Oh and the cookies were awesome!!!! Even the ones with smarties in em ;)
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

bitterman

I'm glad my wife did not see this presentation!! She woudl be trying to find the money to put a pond in at home. Thanks goodness the setic system is in the way...............

darkdep

After watching that presentation, I'll definitely never look at those pre-formed ponds again.  :)

PaleoFishGirl

Yay, an excellent meeting and a fabulous presentation! I learned so much and am looking forward to checking out the Pond Clinic's store and seminars. I promise that the next pond I make will be a nice one ;)  Too bad my balcony will only hold a whiskey barrel...

beowulf, we taped Nicholas' presentation for you! (thanks, APW :)) Hopefully it will be put onto DVD and added to the OVAS library for anyone who wants to watch it.

Thanks to everybody for coming out! Even with so many in attendance we still had leftover cookies, so it looks like the cookie potluck was a success! Next time, eat more :)

Sue, you're going to have to provide me with 'pleco updates,' I miss my guy already :'( 

beowulf

So cool, especially with a new house comming I have always wanted a pond!!!! :)

babblefish1960

Oh surely you aren't going to let half a ton of rock get in the way of a nice pond on your balcony paleofishgirl. I mean honestly, it couldn't be that much heavier than one of those ginormous barbeques from the hardware store with yourself and DH DH up there too. Just don't put any heavy fish in there. :)