New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ideas for new forum boards

Started by garnpet, October 15, 2010, 09:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

No promises here folks, but I am interested in hearing from you regarding the possible addition of some new forum boards.  What would be good, what would be bad?  Maybe you think there shouldn't be any more forum boards added.

Let me know.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

ajm1961

I would love to see a board for "Species Profiles", but instead of what we see on Cichlid-Forum and others, it would be a place where members can showcase fish or plant species from their aquariums, and their experiences with it. A species category could be selected from a list or added, then members can post against it with pictures and stories.
So maybe the title could be "Species Stories".
Examples:
"Nerine" could show us pics and experiences with her various species of guppies,
"Charlie" with his various plants, "Bitterman" with his Frontosas... etc.
and I would love to share my experiences with various mbuna and haps...
I know we have the "Gallery", but it requires a plug-in to add stuff and it is sorted by member, not species.
Just a thought. Thanks for asking Peter - you're doing a fantastic job!!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

RebeccaB

I would like to see a "South American Cichlids" forum.

Thanks.
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

wandmangels

how about a disease/health/treatment related  board?

Brent Shaver

Quote from: wandmangels on October 16, 2010, 12:02:20 PM
how about a disease/health/treatment related  board?

I would second this one, I think it would be a valuable tool for members and guests alike.

Severum

Can we break up the main discussion forum into one for freshwater and one for saltwater. There could be similarly titled sections in each (general, equipment, DIY, species profiles, tank builds, regional, etc). It would be one stop for all the sections your interested in rather than sifting through unrelated threads like it is in DIY and tank builds.

Thanks for letting me input.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

dan2x38

Agree with the health board... something like 911 with 2 sections FW/SW... could put some stickies for common questions like ich treatment, fin rot, etc.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

garnpet

Some changes have been implemented.

http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=46245.msg264754#msg264754

We're always open to suggestions.

I am planning on adding a Coral Forum and a Saltwater Fishes forum as well - ran out of time tonight.  Curling is calling me!
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Laura

I'm a fan of less, but more active boards.

'Plants' has entries often only once every 3-6 days, how about it be merged with Freshwater general?
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Severum

I like the changes. Keep up the good work.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

veron

How about a ''CORAL FRAG SWAP'' forum?

Cheebs

Hey Guys, I haven't been around ina  while, but I've got to say, this is awesome.

Garnpet, months ago I and a few others mentioned a few changes that would be great for the site and forums. At the time not much could be done understandably, because you guys were mighty busy, and there was apparently a lot of shuffling around going on. I haven't really been online in a while, and now that I'm back, I see that all the great changes, and more, have already been implemented. And I couldn't be happier! Awesome stuff OVAS!! And thanks :)

Woo!!

holachicka

I agree - much cleaner in design as well as finding what you are looking for. Good Job OVAS exec!!