New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Mini Auctions

Started by artw, September 26, 2005, 04:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

This post will serve as an introduction and a very basic "How-to"  guide to our monthly meeting Mini auctions.

General rules

Anyone can participate in the Auctions..  If you have been to 2 meetings and are not yet a member we encourage you to join the Club.  Anything fish and aquarium related is welcome at the Auctions.  Bidding for each item starts at $1.  the club will keep 10% of all sales.  Cash only please.  Anything not sold will be return to the owner.  Any unclaimed items will become property of OVAS.

Step 1.  Get a Bidder Registration form and fill it out.  alternately just use a sheet of paper and write the following info on it.
Your name, and phone number.

Please list the lot numbers as follows, Your intials - number, description
for example
AW1 Rocks
AW2 a bag of cichlids
AW3 Java fern
AW4 Java fern

Step 2. Put your labels with your lot numbers and a description on the bag  (for example AW3 Java Fern).  make it clear and readable so the auctioneers can read it.  If we dont have any labels feel free to use a magic marker and write it on the bag.   If you choose to feel free to put anything else on the bag, like a description, breeding info etc. that ppl can use when they view the items on the table.   Go spread your stuff out around the tables.

Step 3.  Give your registration sheet to Art (me, the guy with the laptop)

Step 4.  Have fun bidding.

Step 5.   Pay for your items as you win them at the cashier table.

Step 6.  At the end of the auction, if you sold any items, come and see me and I will give you the final cash out amount we owe you.  then see Jackie and she will pay you.

Hope to see you all tonight!
should be a good auction:D

artw

It's that time of the month, for the benifit of our new users, I'll bump this thread to the top of the list again.  or at least get it in your View New Posts :D