New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

i am looking for a tank like this one

Started by 93GTCANADA, October 24, 2005, 12:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

93GTCANADA

cant even imagine coming home to a empty tank with the floor full of water,

redbelly

Julie, wher i decided to go sw i wanted to keep the tank as small as i could while still having a bit of space so the tank wont completely crash if something goes wrong. I wanted to keep it small as i knew i would want to fill it with corals (which can be expensive in sw) but still large enough that i wouldnt get too discouraged by things going amiss. i thought a 33g was the best choice.

Mettle

Another option for nano set-ups is having a decent sump built into it. When I was thinking about doing a 15 gal I was considering using a 40 gallon sump/fuge. Seems kind of odd, doesn't it? Why not just go with a 55 gallon tank, right? Well, I like the allure of nano tanks. So that's another way to expand on the stability of the tank. Using a sump/fuge.

kennyman

In these little microtanks 50% or more of the aquarium volume is solid rock and substrate! Leaving what 1/2g or so of h2o? If its just a chunk of coaral . . fine but thats no way for fish to live  :?

Julie

Personally, I like the look of the nano cubes - but I would rather not have a headache so I'd go with a bigger tank. :)

Julie

93GTCANADA

i just saw two eclipse system go are these any good for sw. what as been your experience with these systems. thx