New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS meetings??

Started by Pisidan, November 12, 2003, 01:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pisidan

Just wondering if at every meeting you guys have a auction? Cause I have a few Convicts I would like to add this month since my rabbits of the water had more lol!! Also if any one lives near Lincoln Field mall and would mind giving me a lift to this Novembers meeting...hate taking fish on the bus ! Thanxs to all!!

Marc

Hi Pisidan,

There is a mini-auction at most meetings.  (There is no mini auction at the February meeting since the annual Giant Auction is shortly after).

So there will be a mini auction at the November meeting.  

I should warn you that since they breed like rabbits convicts don't always sell that well but do bring some and see if there are any takers.

Marc

Pisidan

Ok thanxs...I just need to get rid of them lol....

Troy

QuoteI should warn you that since they breed like rabbits convicts don't always sell that well but do bring some and see if there are any takers.

Lots of people use convicts as feeder fish for there larger cichlids. :(  Not a nice thing, but it serves a purpose and culls the unwanted convicts.
Cheers..... Troy.

dpatte

I think convicts are a wonderful fish for those new to cichlids. They are strong and rarely get sick, and of course are great for those that want to experiece how cichlids breed, and to learn how to raise them. They even grow quickly.

I'd recommend them to anyone who has never bred cichlids before and would like to try.

A great fish to use as a way to learn about the hobby.

BTW - Im looking for an adult female convict of at least 1.5-2 inches in size. I'll pay, or will trade for an adult male.

ambushman2j

very well said david, they were my first cichlid and I learned alot from them