New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Suggestions for coming meetings?

Started by artw, September 13, 2004, 02:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

Well since the 2004/05 season is upon us . (and the years first executive meeting is tonight) I just wanted to ask you guys what you'd like to see at ovas meetings this year (Other than auctions) :D.  Of course we always have an auction at the end of the meetings.
for those of you who are not familiar with the structure of our meetings.  (Yes we meet in person not on the Internet)   the first 10-15 minutes of every meeting is club business, membership stuff, and general announcements.    the September usually goes a bit longer probably 30 mins cause we need to introduce the new Executives and make fun of the new President.  (hehe kidding Jody).   anyway more on this in another thread.

anyway after that we usually do an hour then a break then another half hour or so and then the auction so we would like to fill each month with 60-90 minutes of actual fish content.

speakers and field trips are nice but they do cost money and are a bit of work to arrange.

I suppose I should have left this email to the Program Director but honestly I don't know who that is.   the exec mtg is tonight so we'll plan September tonight so if you guys give me suggestions I
'' bring them up tonight.

Art
Secretary 04/05

dpatte

Suggestion for meetings / events for 2004-5:

1) Swap night. Everyone has a box kicking around of spare parts or half-usable heaters, filters, gang valves they dont use or no longer fit . Lets have a night where everyone brings in their fish-junk box and swap stuff. Also acceptable... Food you no longer use - wrong size nets. glass covers that dont fit your tanks - whatever.

2) A meeting at the Ottawa water filtration plant to learn about Ottawa water chemisty.

3) Mud puppies night in Oxford Mills in February

4) weird and exotic aquarium equipment show and tell night.

5) ask for a presentation by LFSs especially the small shops that arent storefront stores.

6) Trip to the biodome in Montreal

7) Trip to the aquarium in Quebec city

8) rock and gravel swap night (get the colour you always wanted - purple! :)  )

artw

David some of these ideas were brought up last night and are being considered for future meetings.   I'll copy and paste this thread and we can discuss it during the "announcements" portion of the September meeting
the gadget night is scheduled for November :D

dandaman

how long are they meetings
thanks
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank