New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

September meeting

Started by artw, September 14, 2004, 12:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

September 27 at 7:00pm
7:00pm - 10:00pm

Topics:
- Club news and announcements
- Fish Quiz
- Mini-auction

Members and non-members are welcome. Come see what we are all about.
The first auction of the year is always a big one!  we are planning for it to take up half of the meeting.

Other notes - OVAS seeks newsletter editor and promotional chairperson for 2004-2005 season.  more info on this will be available at the Sept. meeting.

dandaman

please give me some examples of what is sold in the auctions-
if there is fish, is the fish there at that moment?
thanks
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

Marc

What is sold is what people bring in to sell.  It can vary greatly from one mini-auction to another.

There is just about always some of each: fish, plants, and equipment for sell.

Only items that are there are sold and there is time for people to view the items just before the start of the meeting and at the break shortly before the auction.

Anybody can bring in items (fish, plants, equipment) that they want to sell.

dandaman

Say, i wanted to go on the 27th, and wanted to bring a fish, how long is the whole thing, would it be too long for him to survive- what am i suposed to put him in?
thanks
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

artw

fish can last 12-14 hours in bags if packed properly.
meetings go from 7-10 depending on how long the auction is. or how long people have a coffee break for. :)

artw

Bump
dont forget about the meeting tonight!
it should be a good auction!

BigDaddy

I'm looking forward to it.  Getting a membership tonight too!

328iGuy

I will try and make it tonight.

328iGuy

So who all was at the meeting anyway, you never know who is who :).

Art and Michel it was nice meeting you both, nice to put a face to the name! :)

artw

likewise. ;)
you outbid me on the 15 gallon tank for what, $12?  
:D

328iGuy

Yah picked it up for $12, I didnt know it was you bidding with me.  I figure for $12 it has a glass cover and all I want to use it for is a fry tank hidden underneath one of my cabinets, so as long as it doesnt leak it will be a perfect fit.

Needless to say I almost had divorce papers handed to me when I Walked through the door with it last night!  :D

BigDaddy

Well... you can blame me if it will make your wife feel any better.

Don't worry, the tank holds water.  I had two goldfish in it for the better part of a year.

That glass top is a Hagen and it is less than 9 months old btw

BigDaddy

Well... you can blame me if it will make your wife feel any better.

Don't worry, the tank holds water.  I had two goldfish in it for the better part of a year.

BigDaddy

BTW... where do people get those nice tubular plant bags?

My java ferns got a complex... getting bid on inside their little ziplock bags....   :lol:

328iGuy

Quote from: "BigDaddy"Well... you can blame me if it will make your wife feel any better.

Hey

It will be perfect for a fry tank which is what I will use it for, I am building a stand for my other 20 gallon growout so I am going to build it so that this tank can go on the bottom behind 2 doors.

Which guy were you last night in front of me, red hat or not? :)

pegasus

It was also nice meeting you 328iGuy, same with the two guys that came to my house to buy some fish in the last month, June and John, hope to see you at the next meeting.

As for my wife, she now prefers to see me coming back with fish instead of empty handed... figure...  :lol: I certainly did not buy those fish at the bar.

I also came back from the meeting to empty an 80 gal tank that was leaking. Finding room for about 30 Red by Red, 20 Crabro, 15 C44, 15 Blue Peacock and the 4 new Lithobate (all over 3 ") was quite a feat. All should be back in their tank by tomorrow night.

328iGuy

Ah leaky tank....just what every hobbyist needs :(.

Can never have too many tanks!  :D

pegasus

Shhhh  The wife is asleep... so she will not hear this ... The real problem is having too many fish. And the old saying " puppies don't stay small fore ever" well, I just found out that the same can be said of my fish. :(

BigDaddy

Quote from: "328iGuy"
Quote from: "BigDaddy"Well... you can blame me if it will make your wife feel any better.

Hey

It will be perfect for a fry tank which is what I will use it for, I am building a stand for my other 20 gallon growout so I am going to build it so that this tank can go on the bottom behind 2 doors.

Which guy were you last night in front of me, red hat or not? :)

I was the "non-hat" guy.   :D

328iGuy