New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinaman

White Lightning

White Lightning- I am a huge hockey fan and began playing 4-5 years ago. I hadn't played a lot of ice hockey in my younger days and oddly enough, the first time I laced up my skates I wasn't very fast compared to the guys I was playing with. We videotaped the game and watching it afterwards was quite amusing.
I was wearing a white jersey and my buddies decided to jokingly refer to me as White Lightning.
Since then, I have improved my hockey skills and lost the nick name White Lightning on the ice but decided to keep it for this website.

Randy

busdriver

I thought maybe it was also from the movie of the same name!
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

artw

uh I think that was Greased Lightning.
or was that a song?
somonas. lol. I am such a geek

Adam

150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

bitterman

Quote from: DarkDep on November 08, 2006, 10:46:10 AM
I just thought you were a sour puss.

If you let me test the new Online My tank i might be less of a sour puss :P , but you might get sour due to the number of issue you need to deal with LMAO!

SuperT

Anyone seen the bugs bunny cartoon where the wile e. coyote speaks?  He builds a door, knocks, bugs answers, he introduces himself as wile e. coyote .... super genius.  When ever i did something clever at work (which isn't often!) i would say ......I'm such a super genius or Terry the super genius, eventually someone wanted to get my attention and called out hey 'SuperT'.

It stuck (I know I'm such a nerd).  Although its much better than my highschool nickname 'stickman' because i was so skinny.

Terry

RedFish

I was trying to come up with a clever fishy related name, and my kids books were lying around as usual so.....one fish, two fish, Red Fish, blue fish

apistome

give apistogrammas and apistogramma information to me = apistome

gonzobluefuzz

Acquired Gonzo as a nickname in college. Every site I visited the handle was taken well gonzo is blue and somewhat fuzzy and there you have it.

UCGrafix

UCGrafix
Break it down.
You See Graphics
It's my Graphic Arts Company name ( since 1985 ), I deal in visual art, mostly web work.
Taking it a step further.
I have always been amazed and fascinated of all the colors that can be found in nature, so ! I also use it for everything directly related to it.
Adding.
To put it in fish perspective, I keep saying that Salt water fish have an almost three dimensional coloration look to them, it's so vivid that it has depth to it, therefore I See Graphics on those as well. lol
Ya Ya ! I'm a want to be salt water fish enthusiast.
How doesn't right ?
When I grow up, I want a Salt water tank, a nice 90 Gal. one.

Cheers,
Denis

aidensmomma2000

Quote from: mseguin on November 07, 2006, 01:36:59 PM
Similarly (but 3 years later) my parents came up with the name Matthew David Séguin.

Your parents didnt name you for three years!  :D

aidensmomma2000

Quote from: gonna_b_no_1 on November 07, 2006, 06:21:06 PM
playing euchre and hearts online, my bf at the time reached rank of #1, so I told him i was..gonna be number 1. 

This first time I read it, I thought it was "Im going to be no one" (not number one). I've since figured out the more likely meaning- thanks for confirming  :D

RoxyDog

Quote from: aidensmomma2000 on November 09, 2006, 08:06:19 AM
Your parents didnt name you for three years!  :D

LOL  Matt was a toddler with identity issues.   :D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

rkmike

One of my other passions is motorcycling, my ride is a Harley Road King and my name is Mike... There's always too many variations of Mike on most forums at the time, so I came up with this on a biker board a while ago. Have used it ever since. Never seen a repeat either... ;D

freshwater

Only have time and money for freshwater right now

Jesse

Well back in 1991, i was born. My parents decided to call me Jesse. Ever since then, i guess it kinda stuck to me. Im also too lazy to think of a catchy nickname.

Underwater

It's where my fish live (and yours, I hope)

redbelly

I always had neons and tetras growing up. When i moved out in 96 I caught a bad case of mts. After a while I managed to reduce my tanks down just a couple tanks of discus and angle's. When I moved to Ottawa for school i didnt think the dicus would make the trip very well so I sold all my fish. After having peacefull fish for so long I decided to get a nice pack of red belly piranha's. When I came to school I also got my first computer. So being excited to have a computer for the first time and piranha's for the first time I made "Redbelly" my nic.
I have actually seriously thought about selling my piranha's and finally going all salt water but then what would a name like redbelly mean....

babblefish1960

Maybe it could mean you like to rub your belly, you sat out in the sun too long, you never know, it could pass for a while. :D