New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

60 gallon Tanganyikan landslide photos

Started by Adam, November 21, 2006, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

This is my multi colony, with the ambassadors from the ancistrus species being 2 BN plecos, and the ambassador from the sardine family, a lone Cyprichromis sp. Utinta. I took out the rocks today and rearranged.

The full tank shot.  The shellbed wasn't properly in focus, but you can see it in the next photo.

The shellbed.

A view from the right side.

The rock pile.

It would be more landslide like if I wanted to put the rocks near the glass, but I don't want to scratch it, nor have any places I can't get to with my vacuum/algae sponge.  This aquarium has been set up for about 4 months.  It was in a 55 gallon, but it sprung a leak and had to be replaced.  If I couldn't go longer, I went higher.  I got the extra 5 gallons because, hey, why not.

There are 6 multifasciatus.  I used to have a colony of 60+ adult multies before they went into this aquarium, but due to some anaerobic bacteria in some poorly washed sand that was sitting outside for a year or two, I lost some multies.  The survivors were 4 multies, and they have since reproduced.  I'm on track to beat my other colony, as there are at least 40 fry that I can count, of differing sizes.  The largest are maybe a cm long, and the smallest hatched a couple days ago.  To increase my genetic variability, I bought 2 wild multies from BA Innes yesterday.  I ended up waiting 45 minutes for one of them to come out of its shell, as we didn't see which one it went into.  Needless to say, they are both doing well.  The revamp was to allow equal rights to the already claimed territory. 

The only plants are 2 java ferns.

There is an AC70, AC300, and fluval 304 as filtration.  A single 40W fluorescent Power-glo bulb is the lighting.  A 150W heater provides lukewarm water.  It's all enclosed in a cherry sedona cabinet and canopy set.

Thanks for looking,

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

adam_ottawa

Very nice setup.  I'm sure your fish love it!

Adam

150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

bitterman