New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

a bit about me

Started by charlie, December 13, 2006, 08:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hi all, I first started the aquarium hobby a few years back in my native land, Guyana South America, at that time I had no clue about the finer art of fish keeping( biological filtration ect.)I kept 2 tanks then, mostly stocked with live bearers which was readily available.
 I purchased my first tank in Canada , a 20 gln. Kit from Petsmat in 1990 & kept that for a year after which I purchased a used 33 gln to compliment  ;) the 20 gln. I got out of the hobby in 1997( sold the 33 gln & give my 2 young nephews the 20 Gln ), after 3 yrs my nephews lost interest &  I reacquired the 20 gln. & later complimented that  ;) with a 55 gln.
 I discovered OVAS in NOV. Of 2004 & the rest is history, after reading a lot on OVAS I decided to try live plants for the first time, thanks to the help from several members ( big daddy , jetstream,Toss, to name a few) i`m now addicted to aquatic plant growing ( note I said growing & not aqua scaping  ;)), I now have the following tanks planted 75 gln, 40 gln, 2x 20 gln, I also have a 20 gln betta condo & my wife`s   ;)33 gln gold fish tank, I have met a few of the members & so far it`s been a total delight, I encourage everyone to purchase a yearly membership to keep this wonderful club growing.
Errol

babblefish1960

I must say Errol, that you really did take to the live plants rather well, lovely tanks.

I've been rather curious though, If you're Errol, who the heck is Charlie? It seems a little confusing, is there some significance there?

You also seem able to find some really interesting gadgets for aquairiums too, a bit of a hounddog for technology I suppose. I seem to recall you still had spaces where more tanks could fit, I think you have some more setting up to do. ;)

Glad you're having fun, see you at the meetings.

charlie