New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

back!

Started by aroc, February 08, 2007, 12:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aroc

many of you will remember me as ambushman2j.. changed my name when the site wouldn't let me back on as my other name... said my pw was wrong, then wouldn't let me retreive my pw cuz my acct was too old or something..so here I am, decided to come back as it's nearing giant auction and I am bored with my fish, just bought a new house with my new fiance and am thinking about either going back to mbuna or going into what I wanted to go into last auction but due to none being there ended up with maylandi's.. which aren't so nice when you have no light on your tank..they have bred a couple times but I have no tanks to put the mothers in so I left em in there and nothing has lived..so I will be bringing the 6 of them to auction as a group and hoping to get some nice colourful interesting fish my new soon to be step kids will marvel at watching, assuming I can find a canopy light :(

Formerly SP Drew, Currently Rogers Drew

babblefish1960

Welcome back, wondered what had happened to you.

When you talk about what it is you really wanted to put into your tank, settling for mbuna's or what? The mystery fish your looking for, do they have a name? I'm sure you have so much more to tell us about yourself, give it a shot. Buying a house is a big deal, it begs the question about the up and coming fish room? ;)

As for the auction, I'm sure you'll find lots of colourful fish.

artw

Well if it isnt the Illustrious Ambushman himself.  Congrats on the new house and new fiance, and finally moving out of the Fisher towers.   Hope to see you at an auction soon.   remember those?  ;)

aroc

well, I am still kinda keen on trying tropheus.. but if there is nothing at the giant auction I don't really intend on having an empty dark tank all year ;) so I might go back to what I enjoyed before things like yellow labs, ect.. maybe demasoni.. never did try those before

as for me, got engaged just before xmas, which is when I lit my tank on fire, I was warned no to use so many candles, I did not listen.  we just bought a house out in Kanata we will be moving in end of march.  as for a fish room, it's unlikely I will go back upto the amount of tanks I had before (8) but I might have a few more then I do now (1) especially if I start breeding again.. might be in the market for 1 more big tank then a few small ones.. looking forward to playing in the new hockey league I signed up for which starts in april, and my regular softball league which starts in may

aroc

Quote from: artw on February 08, 2007, 01:29:11 PM
Well if it isnt the Illustrious Ambushman himself.  Congrats on the new house and new fiance, and finally moving out of the Fisher towers.   Hope to see you at an auction soon.   remember those?  ;)

thanks dude, Yes.. I do infact recall the auctions..I plan to attend the giant one, as I cannot see myself paying 40$ for a single labidochromis caerrelus at the store with it's fins chewed up laden with ick..how are things with you?.. do you actually keep fish again? lol thought you were moving to like texas or something?

artw

I have 2 tanks and I work at Big Als.  we have a big yellow lab in the store for $9.99 (or we did on Sunday) and he doesn't even have ick! (sic)

aroc

Quote from: artw on February 08, 2007, 03:16:51 PM
I have 2 tanks and I work at Big Als.  we have a big yellow lab in the store for $9.99 (or we did on Sunday) and he doesn't even have ick! (sic)

lol your working at big als?.. I will have to come out and harrass you  :P