New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Another intro

Started by plecoL83, March 09, 2007, 07:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plecoL83

Hello,

plecoL83 is actually a father/son team.  We got my son a 10 gal aquarium when he was 5 and as happens in most homes a parent (dad in this case) looks after the aquarium.  But guess what - my son took over aquarium duties full time a year ago.  His enthusiasm grew to where he saved for a "big" aquarium.  Four weeks ago he set up his 50 gal aquarium in our family room.  He chose plecoL83 for a username, because hopefully that is what his spotted pleco is, an L083 - its a good guess.

It is a planted tank with the following residents - 5 zebra danios started it off, and then the 10 gal residents moved in - 3 peruvian tetras, 2 platys, 2 glowlight tetras, 1 loach - and recent additions a spotted pleco and a very small b/n pleco (bought at the OVAS auction.)  My son picked up an Amazon sword and the small pleco at the auction.

Here is a pic of the aquarium from earlier this week -

Cheers!

beowulf

Welcome to the both of you and I hope you had fun at the auction.  Which father son team where you?  I saw one team in the front row.  what kind of loach? I would suggest getting at least 3 or 4 more as the vast majority of loaches love to have some of their own kind to hang out and play with.

kennyman

Lucky Kid  ;D

I got started in the aquarium hobby through my father some 30+ years ago and I can still remember most of the fish he kept. It made for some memorable moments  8)

plecoL83

Quote from: kennyman on March 10, 2007, 08:48:07 AM
Lucky Kid  ;D

Lucky - and very good at saving birthday money (he's 13 now) - this was a big investment!

plecoL83

Quote from: beowulf on March 09, 2007, 08:06:35 PM
what kind of loach? I would suggest getting at least 3 or 4 more as the vast majority of loaches love to have some of their own kind to hang out and play with.

Thanks for the welcome.

We don't know what kind of loach it is.  It is the last of a trio purchased some time ago - and they seemed more territorial than social, dividing the tank into their little regions.  Here is a fuzzy pic if anyone can help in identification  ???