New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Adult AULONOCARA jacobfreibergi and Juvies?

Started by hamstercaster, March 26, 2007, 08:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamstercaster

Is it safe to keep an adult male Eureka Red Peacock and yellow lab juvies?  I'm not fearing for my 3 inch Sumbu Dwarf as they have their own hiding places and territory already but since the Peacock is a carnivore, any chance that he would feed on juvies?

babblefish1960

Not to sound cynical, but this is why yellow labs(also known as African guppies) breed so prolifically, so they can be food for the important fishes. The peacock will be very grateful for the fresh food, and yellow labs will have once again served a greater purpose, so they too will be happy.

In short, yes, your peacock will eat the yellow labs, only because he is supposed to eat them.

hamstercaster

okey dokey Babblefish, thanks for your answer.  I have neither in my tank at the moment.  My wife loves the labs and I was gonna take the zebras back to my LFS and get labs from Cory if he still has any and the peacock elsewhere but I think I will pass on the peacock for now and maybe get one when the labs are adults and somewhat the same size.

Once again, thank you, the last thing I want is to have any of my fish serve as meal for other fishies.