New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Meeting or Sens Game - Monday night

Started by PaleoFishGirl, May 23, 2007, 08:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

Please only vote if you were planning on attending the meeting in the first place!  We realize that Monday's meeting is very important, especially with the Executive Elections planned, but sometimes life gets in the way :)

Suggestions/feedback always welcome, please post here!

darkdep

beowulf

If it is on I will be there since I am interested in an executive position, but if the general consensus is to move it I am fine with that also.  When would it be moved to?  Is there not a game also in the following monday?

BigDaddy

We could also consider cancelling the mini auction.  That way, if the meeting begins at 7PM, it would end at around puck drop at 8'ish.

PaleoFishGirl

Or having it at a different location? Access is going to be a problem.
The mini auction is half the reason for the meeting!

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on May 23, 2007, 09:42:06 AM
Or having it at a different location? Access is going to be a problem.
The mini auction is half the reason for the meeting!

Especially since I was going to bring a few bucks to get some plants for the new tank.

PaleoFishGirl

I spoke to the folks at Jack Purcell.  There will be the usual (limited) parking available at JP that is still accessible even with Elgin closed.  However we are not the only people who use the Centre, and who is to say that JP members won't just use the space to park & go hang out at the Sens Mile?

JP staff are looking into alternate time slots and will keep us informed.  No decisions have been made yet, just keeping y'all in the loop.

adam_ottawa

I will be at the meeting.  Not all of us are hockey (or sports) fans ;)

busdriver

Hey, there's not enough meetings now, what's with cancelling one?
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

Laura

I agree that parking will be an issue.  Elgin will be busy from afterwork onwards I expect.

If the desire is to keep it on Monday night, what about shifting it to McNabb (564-1070 Percy @ Gladstone) if they have the space?  It's still central with lots of on-site parking.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

PaleoFishGirl

We are not planning to cancel this meeting, we're just trying to make it less hassle for everyone to get there! 

Thank you Laura, I called.  They have no space available any time this week and only have one room large enough for us anyway.  This room is booked up way in advance by many different groups that have been using the space for years.

succinctfish

Hey, I'll be there.  ;)
And no way to cancelling the mini auction, some people.  ::)  I have fish to sell, and plants to buy!  :)
I am a bit concerned about parking though, as it will be a long hike for those who can't walk far.  Time to carpool I guess.
Also, what about OVAS members who don't check the site, and will just show up for the meeting?  It seems unfair to have them struggle with the parking, crowd issues and not even have a meeting to attend.  Is there a way to let them know if you change the day/venue?

busdriver

I could understand all this hoopla if it was game 4 or game 7 but game 1, it doesn't matter who wins game 1 anymore, now does it? ::)

pwrca

I support the idea of an excellerated meeting ending for the drop of the puck.  Then move on to Elgin for the game and party atmosphere.  Maybe have a beer and enjoy the evening.

normc

If I can find a spot at JP (i have a parking pass for that night) how do you get out at the end of the meeting. Also do you think Elgan will be closed its only the first game.

washefuzzy

I want a meeting and a mini auction! I will hold my breathe until I turn blue. >:(, stomp my pretty size 9 1/2 feet if i dont get my way. ;)

darkdep

Based on the votes it would appear we're going to do things status quo.  Although I can forsee the meeting being shorter than usual.  :)

busdriver

All the meetings I've attended have never started exactly when they are supposed too ::)

succinctfish

The meetings have been starting on time Terry, maybe YOU were just running late!  :D
You can betcha this one will, with all those Sens fans chomping at the bit. :)