New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

welcome to OVAS

Started by babblefish1960, May 30, 2007, 09:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

For everyone not familiar, Animalerie La Niche is a family run pet store in Gatineau at 205 Bellehumeur, which is a small mall right across from the really big mall in Gatineau.

They have a very large and clean fish room with thematic tank setups including areas of the store displayed as the regions the fish would come from. Very relaxing to look around. There is also a large collection of saltwater too.

Have a look, you may well find something you like, tell them OVAS sent you. ;)

BigDaddy

I have been to La Niche a couple of times in the past few months.  Great store layout, and they are still renovating and expanding

They are a minute away from the Promenades de l'Outaouais right off Maloney.

hamstercaster

A very nice store indeed and my main store as it is closer to home than Big Al's.. but it is a bit more expansive than Big Al's and other pet stores in Ottawa... but then again, it may amount to pretty much the same thing when you factor in gas/milleage to get to Big Al's for me. 

It is indeed very clean and the store is very well kept.  Employees and management alike are very friendly.  I have yet to find any dead fish in their tanks.. so either the death toll is very very low or they are very very quick to clean the tanks.  they also offer a good variety of products, fish, plants and all and as Jody said, all arranged per theme... but I think they could do better in the cichlid department ;-)

beowulf

I'll have to take a look.  Any OVAS discount?

PaleoFishGirl

La Niche is a very cool store indeed! I love the themed layout. 

Welcome aboard!

PaleoFishGirl

BigMomma

Un grand Bienvenue à la Niche Aquatique!  :)
Pour ceux d'entres vous qui êtes francophones voici une bonne opportunité pour vous de demander des questions dans votre langue sur ce Forum.

Les employés à la Niche sont très sympathiques et prêt à vous aidez. Je vous encourage fortement à aller faire un tour, ça vaut vraiment la peine! Ils sont situé en face des Promenades de L'Outaouais sur la rue Bellehumeur.

gonna_b_no_1

I've been there a few times...great store! 

pwrca

Bienvenue à OVAS, j'aime bien faire affaire chez vous.  Très heureux avec le Mandarin que j'ai acheté chez vous.  Un gros changement du coté eau saler depuis l'arriver de Phillip.