New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pond Tour - reference pics (6 pics)

Started by RedFish, July 15, 2007, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedFish

I don't know whether I should post these here or in the lounge - however here goes - I figure they could also be used a reference pics, ideas for anyone thinking about building a pond.
You can see different ways of edging your pond, landscaping...the height of the waterfalls, length of streams.
All the ponds could be walked around, with an interesting view from different angles.   I found the best designs had a best view though, where you could see most of the pond and the waterfall/river.   If I were to sit and watch, I want to see it all!

In Richmond, multi level pond, heavily planted.

In Stittsville, my favourite, good sized pond with a nice S-shaped waterfall.   Very simple landscaping, low maintanance and the deck overhangs the pond.   I really like an overhanging deck, it makes you feel closer to the pond and adds a place for the fish to hide.

On the river's edge, a smallish pond with a really nice waterfall and stream.

Huge pond, also fairly simple landscaping around it.

I loved the "beach" and will incorporate one into my future pond.

Smaller pond in a very normal city backyard, but again the overhanging deck (or dock as they called it) really adds ambiance to the pool.

babblefish1960

It must have been quite a day with the tour, the pictures convey a wonderful image of serenity sitting by the ponds. Thanks for sharing the pictures.