New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Annual Giant Auction & Monthly Auctions

Started by dpatte, January 20, 2004, 10:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

I notice that the annual giant auction for 2004 will be on Sunday Feb 29th.

Where will the giant auction be held, and at what time?

Will there be mini-auctions during the regular January, February and March meetings as well?

Marc

Hi David,

Good questions.

The giant auction will take place at the Jack Purcell Community Center, 320 Elgin Street, Ottawa (same place as last year).

On the front page there is an announcement for the giant auction.  On that announcement you can click on "read more" to get more information on the giant auction.  Auction times and rules will soon be posted there.

While the auction times have yet to be decided they will likely be similar to previous years:  item registration and pre-viewing from 10:00am to 1:00pm.  Auction starts at 1:00pm.

To make the auction information easier to find I will add a link in the main menu.

There will be mini-auction at the January and March meetings but not at the February meeting.

Marc

Eirikre

I have a few questions about auctions.  I may have some Endlers available for the auction.  Two more months and I could have tons of Endlers available.

Are Endlers a sellable fish?

How should I package them?  ie how many per bag etc.

Where can I get bags for my fish?

Thanks folks.  This is all new to me.

Eric

Pisidan

I get my bags from any pet store that carries fish i just ask for some and they usually give them to me!! As for selling guess its up to the people there any fish is sellable...and who knows maybe I will buy some I have an empty 20 gallon cycled and ready for something dont know what. I am waiting for this mondays meeting to see what is available cause you never know what might be there!! As for packaging it is really up to you usually from what I have seen at meetings people usually bag between 2-4 a bag so maybe round that to 3, its really up to you! Good luck hope to see you there ;-)

james

Hi
Is there going to be any advertising in the paper or radio for the auction to drum up some biz and how about the door prize. Our prize sucks compared to the one in the Mtl auction.

James
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

PDP

I hope i can get off work because I don't want to miss out

gvv

If I'm not yet a member of the OVAS but have fish to sell, can I participate in the auction?

Marc

Marc

The Giant Auction 2004 information has been updated.  Check the OVAS website front page.