New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

3 dead in one day!

Started by Nerine, September 23, 2007, 06:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

I lost THREE of my 4 yellow labs today! for no apparent reason...they were fine and healthy (there's one as my avatar!) and now dead...only thing new...did a water change Saturday morning...this is what happened in my 75. I wonder if there is something in my water that the test kits are NOT picking up!  I did another partial water change on the tank, added some aquarium salt, melafix, pimafix and hope that helps. grr I'm having the worst run of luck in ages! ah well :(

now hoping the other inhabitants (zamora woodcats!) will not catch anything or die...the last yellow lab has some odd growths on his head. the others had NO sign of illness, just dropped dead today. Yet the woodcats and betta seem fine...natural selection? bad luck? cross fingers it's just bad luck....
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

washefuzzy

That's to bad Nerine. There is definitely something going on in the water with all these deaths after a water change. ???

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Nerine

Well now I'm out of cichlids...all have died :(
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

babblefish1960

Oh my, Nerine, I am so sorry to hear that you have lost them all, take heart though, you may figure this out yet.