New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ovas main page. ideas.

Started by apuppet, November 18, 2007, 12:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apuppet

hi webpage guys. or whomever manages them.

would it be possible to increase the "recent post" thats on the main page to a larger number?  i think mine is around 7 recent post, on my laptop.  is there a way i can increase this number? perhaps 20 instead of 7? 

and as for ovas sponsors. can you place another thread just for sponsors.  ie/ special sales over the weekend.  OR upcoming specails.

they do have their own section thread. but waht about a main thread for sponsor, to place their upcoming specails.   i can see this being abused but it will keep buyers informed of great deals their offering.

just my 2 american cent.

thanks for listening.
planted

babblefish1960

You should probably look again, as on my laptop, I see 9 posts, however, I am not sure that it would serve to have 20 posts.  That would be up to the webmaster anyway, and it may have something to do with practical limitations of the program.

I am not clear on what you mean regarding a thread just for sponsors, Aquatic sales at the bottom of the sponsors forum is precisely that, as well as the individual private forums.  They do show up in chronological order, so I am not sure what to tell you as only specials and recent arrivals are in there anyway.

If you have something more specific you are looking for, please add more details. :)

apuppet

LOL.

sorry, Jody, its 9. i missed counted.  ( still having my morning coffee :P   )

oh, i just wondering if i can increase that 9 limitation to 20or more. or if there was a setting specific to my account.    if its a webmaster decision, then, thats fine. i'd understand.

as for the sponsor page.  they have individual private forums. but mine does not show up in chronological order, its alphabetical,  hence, why i was hoping for a main-listing.   can you tell me where to make them show up chronologoical? please.

many thanks Jody!!!!!!!
planted

babblefish1960

The front page would be a webmaster setting for everyone, there are no individual settings for that sort of thing.

As for the posts in the forum sponsors page, the posts show on the right as the most recent posting all the way down the page, and the aquatic sales forum opens up to show who all has posted specials recently.

We are looking into a different format for just what you are suggesting, we don't know as yet if the software would support it though.  Do your best apuppet, I am sure you can find what you are looking for in there somewhere. ;)

darkdep

The Recent Posts rightside bar is a global setting and not one that can be adjusted individually.  However, perhaps you're not aware of the "Show Unread" link under your avatar in the Left hand "Your Profile" box.  This will show a chronological list of all posts you haven't read, which would serve as a larger "recent posts" box.