New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

sw classified

Started by 93GTCANADA, November 24, 2007, 10:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

93GTCANADA

I was just wondering if it would be possible to have a sw classified. im sure some people here do not have any fw tanks. It would just be easier for me to go threw it. Just my 2 cents. Don't mean to offend anyone just a suggestion.

BigDaddy

We tend to only create sub forums when we feel that it adds value to the site.  There are pros and cons to subforums, the one con being that it makes the site more difficult to navigate.

I'm sure it is a thought that has already crossed DarkDep's mind.  In the mean time, it is usually very easy to spot FW vs. SW items in the classifieds as people are pretty descriptive with their subject lines  :)

Adam

There are also many items that can used for both FW and SW.  Where to put them?

This would result in a lot of double posts or people unable to find potential buyers due to posting in a classified forum that some don't visit.
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

babblefish1960

A very important point Adam, and one which causes us to keep the status quo for the moment as it is all still quite distinctive in the headlines.

darkdep

We won't do this at the present time.  Usually a split into separate categories is done when it's perceived it will cause growth in a certain area.  For example, splitting the General Aquatic Discussions forum into separate Fresh and Salt water groups helped to grow the saltwater community on the forum.

The problem, as Adam pointed out, is there are too many items that don't necessarily fit into either category.  A Tank, for example.  What would end up happening is people would post the same ad in both forums, which doesn't do anybody any good.  Maybe down the road.

dan2x38

Posting FW/SW in just one aquatic classifieds catergory exposes me to information and terminology I would otherwise not learn of. I see something it makes me curious so off I go researching. This might lead me to expanding not just my knownledge but my set-ups. See the SW sales has tweaked my interest 10 fold plus shown me it is more affordable then I otherwise thought.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

93GTCANADA

all very good points. i was just lazy yesterday lol.