New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Photo of the month contest for December, 2007

Started by babblefish1960, November 29, 2007, 09:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Welcome to the OVAS Photo Contest for December, 2007!

Rules:

* Everyone is welcome to participate
    * You can make a single entry only.  Enter your best picture!
    * Photos must be your own, and must be aquarium related.
    * The photo must NOT have been previously entered in an OVAS photo contest.
    * Entries will be accepted until December 24th.  Approx. 5 days of voting will follow, and the winner will be announced December 30th.
    * By entering a photo into the contest, you agree to grant OVAS specific usage rights to the photo (for possible inclusion in future photo galleries, newsletters, or promotional material).  You are NOT granting ownership rights, just usage rights.  You may watermark your photo with copyright information if you wish.
    * Photos preferably will be 1024x768in size. You can upload them using "Reply > Additional Options > Attach".
    * Photos may not be changed for another, choose wisely, choose once.
    * During voting, photos will be voted on by forum members.  One vote per person.
    * Photo Quality matters, but the interest of the photo should come first.
    * You CANNOT vote for yourself.  I will enforce this.
    * To enter, simply post in this thread with your photo attached.

Good luck to all entrants this month!

And if you climb into your aquarium in a Santa Claus suit, yes that counts as aquatic! :)

Jeff1192

Seeing as I have finally figured out how to get some good photos tonight... and I think I took about 100.... I figured I would finally enter one of these contests.

Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin]
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

dan2x38

Quote from: Jeff1192 on December 04, 2007, 08:40:07 PM
Seeing as I have finally figured out how to get some good photos tonight... and I think I took about 100.... I figured I would finally enter one of these contests.

Jeff

Beautiful 1st entry Jeff. Yes 1 in 100 is about right...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

KatarinaH

Title:
See Spot Swim

Hey I'm getting good at this picture thing! It only took 50ish of 'em to get this one!  :D

babblefish1960

It is great to see some pictures in here, why don't you take your camera and go and admire some aspect of your aquarium and let us all see what you love about your little critters in the water.  Perhaps we could then share with you what you find most attractive about your fish or plants or invertebrates or corals or whatever.  You know you want to, so go ahead, don't be shy, perhaps someone has a Christmas theme in the aquarium this year! ;)

xiaan

Here is my photo of my Amano Shrimp

matt

FishPassion

A cichlid pic I have had for a while.

80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

dan2x38

Rumor has it I am getting a tripod for Christmas... (I saw her wrapping it) so I am waiting to try it out... I have a shaky hand.
Voltaire:

babblefish1960

If you haven't gotten your Christmas shopping done by now, better get a picture in here right away so you can concentrate on your shopping, if you have your shopping done, better take some time to put in a picture before the relatives come over, you know how they can be during the holidays! ;)

fischkopp

Apistogramma agassizi over red brush algae

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

dan2x38

Male CPD

Voltaire:

yogi

Julidochromis regani "Kipili"

KatarinaH

bitterman

yogi

Nerine

I'd like to vote...as I do have a photo for jan now ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

beowulf

Not sure what is going on with this as APW was thinking of limiting the photo contest to every two months due to lack of interest so....

FISHEYE

Does that mean the submission period is two months, or that there is a contest one month, and then nothing the next month.  Can I still enter this contest?

darkdep

Apologies for the delay and confusion folks.  I've been considering some changes to the format of the contest but nothing has been decided yet, so the current format will stay for now.  The voting thread (a bit late) will be up shortly.