New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Another Newbie

Started by bamboofish, November 29, 2007, 11:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamboofish

Hi everyone,
I've been around here since last fall, went to a meeting once and got some plants.
I've had a tank on and off since I was a kid.......wow that's a while ago. Now my kids call me a geezer.
So last year my neighbor gave me another tank, both 20g. Then a week ago I bought a complete 75g set up off your site. Those 20 g's look sooo small now.
My wife thinks I'm crazy and it's way too big. But once it's planted and stocked with her favorites--angels- maybe she'll change her mind. If not, it may be destined for my office with the other two, LOL.
Anyway thanks to all for help with tank setup & stock.
Sorry I missed the last meeting, sounds like there were some good plants, that I could use soon.
Oh well, you can pm me if anyone has any extra plants.
I'll make it to the other meetings, soon.
Rich

babblefish1960

Welcome to the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society club website, I hope you find things to do here, we tend to talk about fish and things.  Good luck with the wife regarding understanding  the hobby, best bet is to let her pick the angelfish and that should just about do the trick. ;)

Toss

Way to go Richard! :) :)
Lets the fun start :D :D Be patient and do a lots of researches, ask a lots of questions. If you need any help, just PM me or call me :)

Enrico
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

NetCop

Welcome to the club.
If your wife thinks 75 gallons is big, what will she do when you decide on building a 300 gallon, 8 foot long tank?
That is, of course if she doesn't expect the fish to require a couch.  :D

Vizerdrix

...Or my 5'x5' indoor pond! :D

Welcome Rich, I hope to meet you at one of the meetings!

latios

Hi, Im latios and you will learn alot here. And if you want to meet my dad his username Dan2x38 and he is an evil professor.  ;)

beowulf

Welcome to OVAS and let your voice be heard, do not be affraid to ask any question.