New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

1 or 2 on/off switches?

Started by matt, March 08, 2008, 07:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

Does the Coralife aqualight t5 double fixture have an on/off switch for each bulb or is it one switch for both bulbs?

From the descriptions I've read is states there is only one both in the picture on the big Al's website there appears to be two switches.  ???

irene

There is only one switch.  I have the 36" fixture, it's nice for a low light planted tank.  I just sold my 48" fixture, I found it really wasn't much light for the price.

Irene

matt

Thanks Irene, I was hoping for two switches but I guess you can't have everything in life.

I'm planning on getting the saltwater one (10000K and actinic) to put over my new 75 African cichlid tank. So it's kinda good that it won't be too bright. I know they like to nibble at algae, but that doesn't mean I want to start an algae farm.  :D

irene

Just curious, but why would you want the saltwater version if your tank is FW?

Irene

Vallely4

Hey matt,

So you're getting the SW version in case you flip that tank over to the saltwater side? :D
I really love the look of your cichlid tank, when I saw it the other night. All the blues and such, actinics might also help it all pop in your tank

matt

Quote from: irene on March 08, 2008, 08:06:58 PM
Just curious, but why would you want the saltwater version if your tank is FW?

Irene

I'm getting the saltwater version is because I don't like the look of 6500K which is what the FW bulbs are rated at....the SW version has 10000K and an Actinic which gives a much bluer look to the tank. And with the actinic, as Vallely4 said, the blues and yellows from my blue johanni and yellow labs will pop out more.

Quote from: Vallely4 on March 08, 2008, 09:39:20 PM
Hey matt,

So you're getting the SW version in case you flip that tank over to the saltwater side? :D

LOL  ;D I am afterall getting more and more intrigued by SW tanks with all the beautiful setups i've seen recently around here