New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

1st Visit

Started by dan2x38, March 19, 2008, 10:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Brine & I went on a northern adventure yesterday to La Nichein in Gatineau. It is much larger than I'd pictured. They sell other pet supplies along with birds & cats to adopt.

The fish department is very nice. The tanks are very clean with some good stock. They have a marine section too. There are limited FW inverts though. We told Marc Andre about the invert craze over here... ;) A clean plant selection with nice selection. Lots of dry goods and hardware.

It is worth the trip to check it out.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

I agree Dan , nice store, well laid out & great presentation, can you tell us what plants you saw yesterday ?

Brine

I found La Niche to be incredibly well laid out and clean. The only prices I looked at were comparable or less than I would expect to pay on this side of the border. I spent a good deal of time drooling o'er a tank full of Tropheus Red. Beautiful!! Marc-Andre and the staff were quite personable and helpful and they were available. I mean we didn't have to walk the aisles looking for someone to answer questions there was lots of staff and no pressure. I am going back!! Perhaps I'll clean out that 55G and start a Tropheus colony... :-\

petfisheric

Errol, Eric & I were there on Sat. Their plant tanks were pretty full. Off the top of my head, I can tell you they had anubias nana, egeria, cabomba, lobelia cardinalis, echinodorus tenellus, nomaphila siamensis, lilaeopsis novaezelandiae, and java fern. Probably some more, I didn't know there was a test!  ;)

Karen

dan2x38

Yes what Karen says about the plants except a lot less i think than what she mentioned. They get their stock on fridays.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."