New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello! Intro and Plumbing question

Started by Cris6238, April 25, 2008, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cris6238

Hi,

I am new to this forum and saltwater tanks!

I have a 12G nano aquarium with 2 clownfish, 1 blood shrimp, 2 emerald crabs and a random blue-legged hermit crab...he was a friendly bonus off of a green zoo coral. I only have a green zoo colony (something has eaten a small bit! I need to find out what is eating it..) and a soon-to-be xenia forest (anyone want a small one?).

I've had them since december. I had the whole tank crash once so I had to drain, throw out the substrate and quickly refill with new water. Everything survived as I was luck to have had the sump prefilled with saltwater. (Someone overfed when I was not home...)
So now my tank has a bare bottom and it is going to stay that way. Im aiming for a Berlin style system.

I am currently trying to set up an overflow and a small sump (5G). I quickly added a large skimmer (60G) and some baffles to the sump. I also just received in the mail a decently priced 1500 GPH dual 1" drains overflow (i plan on sealing one and using the other) and a MAG 5 pump.

Can anyone let me know if the following string of adapters will work on the baffles? They are an odd size and home depot did not have anything that was a direct fit. My main concern is the ball valve that I have in line... it reduces to 1"... will this be enough flow for the Mag 5? I can always duplicate this drain to use the second baffle..so that would be 2 1" drains (accounting for the reduction in the ball valves)...

Any thoughts would be appreciated..Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vizerdrix

Welcome to OVAS!  You might want to post your question in the Equipment forum though. :)