New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

April 30th Web Site Outage

Started by groupie02, April 30, 2008, 12:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groupie02

Folks, we've experienced an outage this morning around 10:30 (EDT). The outage lasted about 2 hours and was caused by a database corruption issue. It appears that we have lost some posts.

Sorry about the trouble this may cause.
groupie02

Vizerdrix

It also changed the time on some posts, as well as marked some as un-read.  I have some PMs that were sent to me this morning saying they were sent at 11 pm last night.

groupie02

well, we went back to a known good state. So it's like a step back in time. We have no way of figuring out what was lost or if the time stamps are valid or not.
:-\

Vizerdrix

Oh, I wasn't criticizing you! :)  I'm glad you got the website back up, and if the loss of a few posts and a bit of a mess-up with time stamps is the cost, then so be it.

I'm glad you were able to get the problem resolved so quickly Pierre!  Thank you!

washefuzzy

That explains a few things.  ;D
Thanks for getting it up and working again.  :)

FocusFin

QuoteThe outage lasted about 2 hours and was caused by a database corruption issue. It appears that we have lost some posts.

database corruption issue

Cool, that's what I'm going to tell my wife the next time my computer crashes after a visit to GGW  ;)

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

babblefish1960

Just a side note, any pm's that were sent or received during this period yesterday are also lost, except in your notification on your emails.  I finally caught up with my pm's yesterday and everything is now gone, oh well, now I have to try and remember what was said and redo it, such a strain on my old brain. :)

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on May 01, 2008, 10:31:31 AM
Just a side note, any pm's that were sent or received during this period yesterday are also lost, except in your notification on your emails.  I finally caught up with my pm's yesterday and everything is now gone, oh well, now I have to try and remember what was said and redo it, such a strain on my old brain. :)

Drink some diet coke, the aspartame will help!!  :P

beowulf

Are we still having issues with the boards?  I noticed my post count went down again so wondering if we are losing anything important....(no not my post per say but in general  :D)

groupie02

we did not lose anything other than very old classifieds which I've been deleting. I didn't think that this would affect your post counts.

I hope you don't mind  ;)

beowulf

Quote from: groupie02 on May 04, 2008, 04:02:07 PM
we did not lose anything other than very old classifieds which I've been deleting. I didn't think that this would affect your post counts.

I hope you don't mind  ;)

All good was more worried if we lost more recent stuff.  Always good to dump the old.