New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Koi lovers...prepare yourself! Pics!!!

Started by Fishnut, May 25, 2008, 11:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

I went to Toronto this weekend and had a look at a couple of koi places.  Te first one we went to was Shekinah.  They specialize in and carry only Japanese koi.  Wow...some of my pics just don't to them justice!  All the tanks were covered with a net to prevent them from being able to jump out and no matter how I adjusted my camera, I just couldn't focus properly on the koi!  If you have thousands to spend on koi they have fish ranging from $50.00 all the way up to several thousand dollars for some of the really nice 24 inch koi.  Boy, so I know where I'll go if I ever win the lottery!!

The second place we went to was Vandermeer's Garden Centre.  They also had some nice koi, but the health on some wasn't good.  There were a few that had those ulcers on their sides, and most of the 4-6 inch koi looked sick.  There was still some impressive koi though!  What a crazy place to go on a sunday afternoon though.  It's like going to wal-mart during the christmas shopping season  :(.  The traffic around the parking lot reminded me of traffic after a concert at Scotiabank Place!  There was a cop directing traffic in and out at the road, plus one...maybe two guys dorecting traffic in the parking lot!  I didn't see any evidence of a great sale or anything, so Im thinking this is typical traffic!

Anyways, Here are the pics you were promised!  Enjoy!  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

wu-gwei

They are gorgeous... it reminds me of the ponds in Asia. It was a feeding frenzy when you threw in some pellets. I LOVE big koi! Thanks for the pics.

Cheers,
JJ ;)