New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2008 Pond Tour

Started by The Pond Boy, July 08, 2008, 07:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Pond Boy

Now in its 4th consecutive year, The Pond Clinic Water Garden Centre is proud to present what has become one of the premier gardening events in Ottawa . A dozen area families and businesses have offered to share their spectacular water garden creations with the public and help raise money to fund research initiatives by the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation. Last year over 200 guests joined in on the fun and helped raise $3,192.00!

And the positive feedback from everyone involved just keeps pouring in. June Hansen wrote saying, "I just wanted to thank you and your organizers for sponsoring such a fabulous weekend. We came out, at the end of the day, extremely motivated and inspired. It was such a welcome change to be among so many people that shared the same wonderful hobby and who willingly opened their wealth of knowledge to others."

The 2008 Annual Parade of Ponds will be held on Saturday, July 12th between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm . After the tour on Saturday evening, everyone is invited to gather together for a pond side BBQ reception.

These water features are truly awe inspiring; so much so that several guests on the tour last year were moved to tears. Marilyn Guty, one of the hosts on last year's tour, said openly at a recent water garden party at her home, "You know, I can come home from work having had the worst day imaginable - my husband Wally pours me a glass of wine, we relax by the pond, and then nothing else matters except being with one another." Claire & Helmuth Krausbar are another enthusiastic host couple living in the Britannia area. Claire explains, "Since we installed our water garden we have entertained friends we haven't seen in years. It's like having a cottage right here in the city."

Guests of this self-guided tour will be given a ticket book with maps and directions to help guide them from pond to pond at a relaxing pace. Tickets are only $35.00 per person which includes a BBQ dinner. Larger donations payable to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation are welcomed and encouraged. Admission is free for children 12 and under.

Tickets go on sale June15th and can be purchased at The Pond Clinic retail store.
Thanks,

Greg Veldhuizen
The Pond Boy
www.thepondboy.com

fishycanuck

The tour was great. If my car hadn't broken down, I might have seen it all!  :(
Thanks to Redfish and her sister for rescuing me!