New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New pond.

Started by Laura, July 21, 2008, 01:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura

Sorry no pics yet - the hubby took the camera camping.

It cost very little as we were given the preform pond and pump.  It's 50 gallons and my pond learning curve is improving.  It still looks a bit like someone's first tank in that it's not very beautiful yet but is well on it's way.

I've got plantings around it and I think it will look better next year when the surrounding landscape fills in.  I added a papyrus, hornwort and hyacinth to the pond itself.

I got about 20 rosy reds - they're certainly not as apparent as goldfish, I think mostly because they tend to stay at the bottom.  They seem braver with more cover, so I added some slate caves and the hornwort.  I hope when it fills in they will be more adventurous....

Strike that - turns out that 12 were timid, but there's apparently strength in numbers and with the addition of 10 more friends they're out and about. :)
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Fishnut

That's so cute!  I'm sure it will look better the longer you have it :)  Way to go!