New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

#@$% Leaking Diffusser

Started by dan2x38, March 02, 2009, 08:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

I am not sure why but my DIY inline CO2 diffuser was leaking. Sitting watching the news this morning thought geese the water is splashing awful load. Past several days tanks have not been taken care of tanks much getting ready for the auction so water was low but this seemed lower than yesterday. So figured I should take a look and low and beeping behold it was leaking and several gallons had leaked behing a 75 gal but showing YET on the carpet in front. Wife is going to kill me again... been killed several times over now!  ::) Quckly removed it than added a small in tank diffuser.

Closer look a fitting at the bottom was leaking. Odd it worked fine for a month?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

KLKelly

Put a fan and a heater out and maybe she won't notice.   I've flooded the basement a few times and had to buy a wet dry vac - it came in handy with the water pouring in from outside on the rainy day (I've ticked off water Gods in a past life).

The tanks are big to lift the carpet up so its scary to think whats under it.

Sucks Dan :(

dan2x38

I have the rest of the day, "For a Cover UP..." LOL Just one more thing for me to work on.  :D
Voltaire:

Brine

Bees

If you use a shamWow you might be able to get most of that water back in the tank...

zima

Sorry Dan.. This is the hobby though! If you need the pipe cemenet to seal the inline diffuser (reactor?), let me know - I've got leftover from the ones I've built.

anton

dan2x38

Zima thanks I have the cement it is a threaded elbow I like using so I can open it at least a little to rinse every blue moon or so...

Hey Bees you must work for K-Tel... LMAO

Brine your last drive anywherez...  >:(  ;D  :P
Voltaire:

salvini55

I seem to recall someone warning me about external diffusers... hmmm, something about murphys law...?

FishPassion

Go to the liquor store and get a cpl bottles of wine, works on my wife.
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

dan2x38

salvini55 your funny... NOT!  :P

FishPassion good thinkin' got the message to late...  :D

PS- we missed ya at the auction
Voltaire:

bitterman

Dan, just be thankfull it was not a 130 gallon aquarium exploding and your wife was not the one home and pregnant cleaning it up. (Thats what happened to me with those darn tanks a year or so ago from that yahoo)

Bruce

dan2x38

Quote from: bitterman on March 03, 2009, 08:01:23 AM
Dan, just be thankfull it was not a 130 gallon aquarium exploding and your wife was not the one home and pregnant cleaning it up. (Thats what happened to me with those darn tanks a year or so ago from that yahoo)

Bruce

I remember Bruce I cringed then and do now just thinking of it...  :o Carpet is drying. She wasn't mad I made a couple bucks at the auction so I ordered out... she didn't have to cook or eat my cooking... LOL
Voltaire:

KLKelly

Nice strategy Dan - very smart!  My husband just gives me a snarky look and doesn't even bother to complain anymore. I want to throw fish water at him lol.

dan2x38

Bruce if a tank bursttake s I will her out for dinner... LOL KLKelly the tank water thing can be yours... ;) LMAO Want me to save some for ya?
Voltaire: