New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bulging eyes on a yellow lab

Started by drboeing, March 11, 2009, 07:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drboeing

Hi everyone, hoping someone can advise...  we have an adult male yellow lab, approx 2 years old, is suddenly lethargic and his eyes are bulging, the other yellows in the tank appear to be fine.  We have has a couple of out Red Platty's die in the last few weeks for no clear reason.  Water parameters seem fine.  Any suggestions?

dan2x38

do a series of water changes treated with Prime...
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

KLKelly

Bulging eyes can be do to water quality. You always look at water first.

If they are cloudy on the inside I would start antibiotic food.

cichlidicted

It definitly has to do with water quality .... if am not mistaken, this is either a cloud eye or pop eye... go over google and look for picture under these two names , if its clause ... then water change and Melafix should be a good cure.
Goodluck

drboeing

It seems to have resolved itself, Im still getting MrB to do water checks, but everyone in the tank seems happy enough, and it only happened to the one cichlid.  Thans for the advice, will keep monitering.

dan2x38

Glad to hear it DrB... just stay on top of the WCs. In one tank I was to small of a change at once had some issues. Did a little more water each time problem clear up. It is amazing what just a simple water change can do!
Voltaire:

drboeing

Seems I cursed the little guy, after a week, eyes are popping again, water change in progress!

dan2x38

He might have a bacteria infect at this time. Do you have a QT tank? Is he the only one?
Voltaire: