New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Belated Intro

Started by Drew, June 06, 2009, 06:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew

Hey everyone. I have been using OVAS now for about two months and I realize I haven't taken the time to introduce myself. I grew up with aquariums back in the 80's and just decided to get back into it when we had our little girl in March - I put a 20g in her room. I have since purchased a 40g (here on OVAS!) and am excited to have it up and running after a successful fishless cycle. When I decide to take up a hobby I go pretty hard-core so I expect this to be the same. Thanks to everyone who have already shared their wealth of fish keeping knowledge!
Drew

FocusFin

Quote from: Drew on June 06, 2009, 06:41:01 PM
Hey everyone. I have been using OVAS now for about two months and I realize I haven't taken the time to introduce myself. I grew up with aquariums back in the 80's and just decided to get back into it when we had our little girl in March - I put a 20g in her room. I have since purchased a 40g (here on OVAS!) and am excited to have it up and running after a successful fishless cycle. When I decide to take up a hobby I go pretty hard-core so I expect this to be the same. Thanks to everyone who have already shared their wealth of fish keeping knowledge!
Drew

Congratulations, both on getting back in the hobby and on having a new baby. I'm the father of a 5 year old girl and every day it gets better. The fanatics usually end up in saltwater at some point so I'll see you there sometime soon ;D
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

fischkopp

Welcome! Be careful, this hobby can be very addictive. There are sooo many different setups and fish that you can have, all having their own attraction. I started with one tank, than got to know OVAS, got another tank ... and now, three years later, I have my own fishroom - all fresh btw ... :D

So be aware, once you get MTS it will be unstoppable. Well, we won't stop you! ;)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031