New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

name thatfish

Started by james, March 04, 2004, 12:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

Hi
Art  or any other A frican fans,I bought two kinds of fish at the auction and would like to read up on them. The names on the bag for the fish were Tropheops yellow Chitima and Metriaclima Estherae
Do they have alternative names or common names. Any info would be appreciated on these. (ie web sites)
James
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

artw

right those are fish that I bred
the proper names are Tropheops Yellow Chitimba,  this fish is quite rare you might not find it.  Care and husbandry is the same as any other Tropheops (pseudotropheus tropheops)
Metriaclima Estherae is the correct name. there is all kinds of info on the Web. the common name is Red Zebra.  but you now have the REAL red zebras, none of that redxred crap you see in the stores.

Eirikre

Quote from: "artw"Metriaclima Estherae is the correct name. there is all kinds of info on the Web. the common name is Red Zebra.  but you now have the REAL red zebras, none of that redxred crap you see in the stores.

What exactly do you mean by "that redxred crap"?

ambushman2j

as I understand it a albino male is bred with a orange female to get all orange male and females am I right art?

artw