New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Belated hello

Started by caro, August 03, 2009, 07:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caro

Hi all,

I started this hobby this past April with a 33G, w. Fluval 204 canister filter (took 5 weeks for fishless cycling to complete).  Already I started my second tank just this week (10G with a bio wheel filter) never thinking I would expand to more than one tank when I started.  I cheated majorly on the second tank as I stole 5G water, 3 fake plants, 2 cups gravel, and filter floss from the 33G.  It took only 2 days to completely cycle the second tank.

My 33G has 3 blue wag platies, a darling blue female betta, and 2 male dwarf gouramis.  I am waiting for 3 corydoras concolour. 

My 10G is presently holding one of my pregnant platies as the female betta is quite the little dragon hunter for fry.  As I type this I just saw the betta chase a little fry!  I guess I moved the pregnant platy just in time 2 days ago, although she seems to be holding off on delivering the rest of her brood....

Pictures of my tanks below.  Comments or suggestions for improvement welcome.

[attachment deleted by admin]

fischkopp

Welcome to OVAS. Looks like your are showing first signs of MTS. ;)

Very clean setups. Sounds like you did everything right when setting up your second tank. There are so many things you can do in this hobby. Maybe you want to play around with live plants in the future? 

:)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031