New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

African Killi Fish

Started by Kerby, December 28, 2009, 11:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerby

Hello I am new again. I used to be a member when I was 15 years old (now 44).At that time a member started me on Killi Fish. They were I think (American Flag) They had red and blue tails and white body anyone know of a source for pictures so I may confirm. Also have not been in the hobby for many years and when I start again would really like to find this type again they were fun to raise. I know live on lake front in Quebec so the water here I think would suite them well. I had fun learning the hobby as part of the Society and looking forward to meeting people at the January meeting.

fischkopp

Hi and welcome back to OVAS! :)

Sorry, i can't help much on killifish but don't hesitate to ask any question that you may have when getting back into the hobby.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Hi welcome back, looking forward to meeting you @ our monthly meetings, please do say hi when you attend as i would love to hear some of your impressions of the club back when you were around.
Here is a link to the American Flag fish pictures.
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=American+Flag+fish&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=6Ns5S_yQCMLblAffxdCeBw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQsAQwAA

Vincenzo.

limmer

Hi,
There is an article in the January issue of Aquarium magazine on American Flagfish.

Kerby

i INCLUDED A JPG OF A kILLI FISH NOT SURE IF IT POSTED BUT THIS IS THE FISH i WAS LOOKING FOR
fundulopanchax gardneri Biassa

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fishnut

There's a guy in Montreal...I think his name here is Montrealguy...who breeds some kinds of killifish.  He might have them or knows where to get them.  Other than that, I've only ever seen these nicer killies for sale in Toronto.  Killifish eggs are usually very easy to ship, so you might have some luck ordering some on-line...perhaps wait until the weather warms a little though.

Welcome back to the hobby and OVAS!