New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

reefer rock

Started by nissannx, March 22, 2010, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nissannx

anybody interested in doing a group order of reefer rock or reefer sand? we need a min 300# of rock to qualify. it would come too just under $4 a pound shipped to one address. possibly a little cheaper.
http://www.eco-reefer.com/

le me know what you think

johnrt

I looked at their site and the special, at the moment, is 50 lb. for $165, shipping included, with a 50 lb minimum order. That comes to about $3.75 per lb, tax in. What is the savings on a bulk order?

nissannx

you would be looking at 3.50 shipping and taxes in at the 300# mark if we get more i can get it down to 3.25

groan

it's fun just to flip through the pictures of thier rock samples! WEEE!

johnrt

you would be looking at 3.50 shipping and taxes in at the 300# mark if we get more i can get it down to 3.25

Hi:

When do you plan on ordering? I might be interested in a box or two.

Thank you:

John T

johnrt

Groan:
"it's fun just to flip through the pictures of thier rock samples! WEEE!"

You bet! I particularly liked number 8. I hope I get it. I know just where it would go.

johnrt

Hay! I just went back to admire number 8 and it is different. I think this is some kinda bait and switch scam.

ray

Hi I've been in contact w/ them.If you have enough interest lmk.I can do the $3,25/lb plus tax no shipping cost

Ray

redbelly

We already have this in stock and could put together a bulk price for everyone if they would like.

I beieve we have about 500 lbs in stock and ready for sale.

Vincenzo.

^and it is super gangster pieces too. god i want that 36lbs piece. it's a master piece rock.

nissannx

i had no idea this was available locally. I'd also be interested in a box or two. hopefully we can get more interest. What are the prices from redbelly?

redbelly

There are actually several grades of this rock ranging from a low grade, very heavy variety to the lighter weight variety, more lacy variety.
I have no idea what type the eco-reefer.com site sells.
But I do know that the variety that we have the the highest grade commercially available.

As there seems to be a lot of people interested in this, I am sure I can drop our price down to $3.25 per lps for our unshaped pieces.

Our shaped pieces are of course more expensive as once we finished shaping them you were left with about 1/2 the original weight plus a fair amount of expensive equipment was required to shape the rock. You can stop by to see the pieces in my tank, the pieces we have for sale here, or here is a pic from another local hobbiest.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Severum

Nice looking pillar!  ;)
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef