New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bulk Reef supplies group buy

Started by ordi260, April 01, 2010, 10:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

Hello everybody!

I am interested in organizing a bulk reef supply group order!

We need at least 10 buyers!
For those who didn't know, buying in a group order gets you lower group order prices and the "preferred customer" price for any orders placed afterwards...its pretty cool!

We can arrange that via PM

Feel free to contact me if you need further info!

Note that you need to create an account on the bulkreefsupplies website to be able to enter the group!  here is a link to do it!  https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/customer/account/login/

For those interested the infos i need to start the group is your last name and your email adress used on Bulkreef supply's website account!
As soon as we have 10 buyers in i will contact them and from that point we will have a one week period (from tuesday to monday) to complete our orders.

Here is the nice stuff...each banking (payment) transaction is made separately and shipping is also individual...no need to pick up and arrange payments afterward  :)
There is no minimum item number or amount...you can buy whatever you want even if its only worth a couple of bucks  ;)

I hope to get many answers because I would like to confirm them the group ASAP so we could start shopping next week, in order to received everything quickly!

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

groan

is there any way we can know the price we would get before we order?
I may be interested in some of the propagation tools.

RossW

I don't think so, but I seem to recall it is about 15%-20% on the group order.

Quote from: groan on April 04, 2010, 12:00:01 PM
is there any way we can know the price we would get before we order?
I may be interested in some of the propagation tools.

Rybren

IIRC, once you're setup with a BRS account and are involved with a group order, you will see the group buy prices on the webpage.
120G Reef

ordi260

Already have a couple of people in!  Keep it up, discounts are worth it  :)

[li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Its a good time to buy online USD and CAD are EQUAL its a first since 2008  ;)

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

Severum

I'd probably be interested in some Cal, Alk, and Mg supplements. Need to figure out exactly what when I get some time.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

mikerobart

I will say that I have been very happy with their two part starter kit (Ca, alk, mag supps).

HomerJ

Do they only ship UPS Standard to Canada?  Brokerage charges through the wazoo, here we come!

ordi260

Quote from: HomerJ on April 06, 2010, 04:34:17 PM
Do they only ship UPS Standard to Canada?  Brokerage charges through the wazoo, here we come!

Here is what they say for shipping on my current shopping cart:

United Parcel Service

Canada Standard $xx.xx

They also charge us a 15% tax to cover the duty fees so you dont have to pay anything at the post office when you pick it up...they take care of paying duties when they ship the item so it doesnt end up as a surprise for you!!!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

Severum

The 5 pound tubs of cal, mag and alk are on sale right now. Anyone want to go halves with me on some? I can't see myself spending $250+shipping+duty, etc.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

ordi260

Quote from: Severum on April 06, 2010, 10:15:58 PM
The 5 pound tubs of cal, mag and alk are on sale right now. Anyone want to go halves with me on some? I can't see myself spending $250+shipping+duty, etc.

I would take some but definitely not hald of it...i only have a 20g so far  ;)

I can take 25-30 % of total weightI guess ill have a little extra backup stuff!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

We are 3 confirmed members, 3 on hold.

We can also arrange bigger bulk order for some supplements (buckets of mag, alk, calcium etc.) if you are interested!!!  :)  These supplemetns are on sale right now!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

RossW

With all respect, you may want to check out this group by.  9 people confirmed in 7 hours.

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=40524

ordi260

Hmmmm...its up to you guys...join the other one if you want but I will hold this one active! 

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Ok so the usual rebates offered by BRS is the lowest bulk order price shown on their website!  So its really worth it IMO!

Send me a PM to join in!! :)

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

gemmate

Is the group offer still on? I am interested to get in.

ordi260

Yes the group is still active and we are looking for some members to complete it and hopefully start it for next week  ::)

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

JD

Count me in.

Nice thing about a group by:
"At the end of the Group Buy each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is generally between our retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is our way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with us!"

In case you want info about how a group buy works with BRS.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/Group-and-Club-Buys

ordi260

Still active!!!  3 members left to find!!!  Hopefully we could start it on next tuesday (april 27th).  :)

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

salvini55

count me in. Daddy needs some new toys  ;)

ordi260

Quote from: salvini55 on April 20, 2010, 12:07:43 AM
count me in. Daddy needs some new toys  ;)

Confirmed!!!

Only 3 members missign to start it next week!  Tlak about it to your friends

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

We are only 2 members short to be able to start it next tuesday!!!

Keep it up

As someone else said earlier we could arrange something out to order more of consummables (alk, calcium, mag etc...) and separate it to save money!  PM me if you want to arrange something out!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

HomerJ

You can add me to the group buy... I missed a few items on my previous order...

ordi260

Good news folks!!! We are only 1 member short of starting it next tuesday!!!

Talk about it to your friends!  Dollar strong = saving money for us!!! (Maybe not saving...maybe more buying but anyway you get the point  ;D )

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Group buy is now complying with the 10 members minimum! 

You can still apply if you want but before sunday, after sunday the group buy will be closed! 

Thanks to everyone participating and feel free to contact me if you have questions.

From this point it is not in my hands tho...ill transmit the infos to bulk reef supply and on tuesday they will send you a email instructing you on how to make your purchases with the reduced pricing!!!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Alrighty...last call for everyone! Ill send the list tomorrow morning to brs! After that the group will be closed!!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Alright folks!!!

Thanks for your participation, this group buy is now closed!!!

List has been trasmitted to BRS and we should hear from them via email on tuesday!!!

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

I have jsut received the confirmation from BRS that it will start tomorrow!!!

Have a good day

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Order received yesterday...what about you guys???

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

JD

salvini55

the delivery guy came yesterday but i was at work. JD, your convenient location off the 401......  :P

JD

Quote from: salvini55 on May 07, 2010, 11:26:09 AM
JD, your convenient location off the 401......  :P

I picked up the stuff in the States and brought it over myself. Being close to the US saves me about $50 on the average order. Especially if the customs folks are in a generous mood!